helping the enemy (red son x m!reader)

request by @redsonmybeloved

(the reader will be referred to with he/they pronouns, sorry if it's not completely enemies to lovers)

Notes:

You find Red Son knocked out when you open your apartment door and decide to help him because you're a hero ig.

You hear a thud outside of your apartment as you watched TV on your couch hearing of a villain that's currently on the loose, confused about what the noise is you get your F/C (favorite colored) baseball bat and creep towards your front door, your friends had been dealing with a powerful enemy so you were a little on-edge.

You open the door and raise your bat to find a passed-out man with red hair tied in a high ponytail and mostly red clothing and a red dot on his temple (?).

You slightly poke him with the bat, a little hesitant. He stays unconscious so you pick him up and carry him inside, not wanting him to get harmed by the 'powerful enemy' MK was talking about, if he was that dangerous you couldn't stand by and let an innocent citizen be harmed.

You lay him down on your bed, thinking it would be the most comfortable place for him as you left to get him some food, you prepared a delicious meal, putting a small container of its seasoning next to it, incase they would've enjoyed it if it had more spice.

You walked into your bedroom with the tray of food and water to find he was already awake, standing in the middle of your room, confused.

"Where.. where am I?!" The man exclaimed, not yet noticing you, you set down the tray of food on your tidy nightstand slowly, not wanting to startle him, as you set down the tray he turned to you.

"What the- WHO ARE YOU AND WHERE THE HELL AM I?!" He demanded, his hair somehow flaming up as you staggered back, falling onto your back as you sat up, scooting away a bit.

"Y-You're in my apartment! I saw you unconscious in the hall and I-I couldn't let you get hurt!" You quickly exclaim, wishing you had your baseball bat incase he tried to harm you, he chuckled a bit, amused.

"And why do you think i'd need your protection?" He said in a smug tone, raising a brow as the flames calmed down, his hair returning to normal.

"Well, there's a villain on the loose! I couldn't just stand by and let you become an easy target!" You exclaimed in a worried tone as he laughed more, you stood up.

"Pathetic, whatever villain you're talking about, I could easily take them down in a fight, don't worry you're pretty little head about it, peasant." He scoffed, smirking then wobbling on his feet a bit as you blushed a little.

He thinks i'm pretty?

"Easy there, dude!" You ran over to him, helping him regain his balance.

"Here, come sit down, I made you some food, you don't have to eat it but please, just chill for a sec.." You mumbled, sitting him down on the bed and handing him the food with both hands.

He put some spices on the meal, tasted it, then took off the cap and put the entire thing of spices onto the food.

"Damn, how high even is your spice tolerance?!" You exclaim, extremely surprised as he ate the entire meal, not batting an eye.

"Genetics." He responded after finishing the meal, then went silent.

"...Why are you helping me? I figured you would've lost your patience and kicked me out by now, heh, kinda impressive how you've lasted this long." He muttered with a soft grin.

"Well, even if you can defend yourself, you're not well physically, I just wanna help you get all of your strength back, I feel like it's my duty to help those in need, its what heroes are supposed to do." You explain with a soft, patient smile as the guy chuckled a bit.