The Arcade (Red Son x MK)

This was requested by @bobsimp666 , enjoy!

Mei was over at MK's apartment, they were just chatting when MK got an idea.

"Okay, this summer has been,, pretty boring so far, I'll be honest." He admitted, huffing.

"How about we go to the arcade? We haven't been there in awhile." She exclaimed, typing something on her phone.

"And to spice it up- how about we invite Red Son?" She suggested, grinning as she sent a text.

"Sure! Wait.. you already invited him just now, didn't you?" He asked.

"No... yeah, yeah I did!" She said, they both laughed a little before leaving to meet him at the arcade.

After a few minutes of waiting outside, and Mei pacing as they spoke, they saw Red Son's vehicle in the distance, Mei waved to him.

"What did you fools want now?" He asked as he jumped out of his car, it had been awhile since he saw Red Son, and something about him was.. different.

"What's the matter with you, noodle boy?" Red Son asked, at this point the insult had turned into a nickname. MK realized he was starting to blush.

"Nothing? What're you talking about?" MK awkwardly chuckled, tilting his head just the way Red Son liked, which MK was oblivious to.

Mei broke the silence after that sentence by dragging them both into the arcade by the wrists, the two made eye contact as she did this, she gasped as they looked in her direction.

"No way! They added a new game!" She exclaimed, both of them sighed in relief.

Then, something felt... wrong, to Red Son, something wrong with this place, maybe it was the horrid, overlapping sounds of the peasants they were surrounded by, or maybe the wretched button-mashing coming from the games, perhaps it was the disgusting smell of the greasy food coming from the nearby booth. Most of this noise would've been fine, if it wasn't all combined into one filthy place.

"Red Son? The game is starting." MK waved a hand infront of his face to snap the angry demon out of the trance he seemed to be in.

"Whatever." He snapped, looking away and feeling bad, what just happened? I thought I was supposed to be a 'good guy' now! He angrily thought to himself, why was he acting so cold?

Mk looked into his eyes, he knew what Red Son was going through.

"Hey, Mei? Can you give us a minute? Me and Red Son need to talk." MK explained, Mei nodded, she didn't go through similar stuff that they had, but she knew what was wrong.

MK held his hand and walked Red Son outside into the alley where nobody else would see them.

"Hey, are you okay? You seem really upset." MK asked, tilting his head again. Red Son looked down to their intertwined hands.

"All of the people's voices, the horrid scents of the food they serve here, and the button mashing! How can either of you stand this... this sensory hell?!" He shouted, fuming, then realized he just insulted one of Mei and MK's favorite hangout spots, to his face! He looked up at MK, but MK wasn't mad, Red Son couldn't quite read his expression, but whatever it was, they didn't look mad... he looked understanding.

"Hey, it's okay, I've been through something similar, just hold on for a minute." MK rummaged through the pockets he had and took out some headphones, and Red Son tried to fight it, but he felt so.. drained. He couldn't fight anymore, MK slid the headphones onto Red Son, Red Son slowly drifted to the ground, MK followed.

And suddenly, all the anger seemed to vanish. For the first time in so long, he felt at peace, his expression just, just dropped, he put his hands on MK's, MK grabbed his hands, too, and their hands lay in eachother's between them.

"There we go, that's better, right?" MK chirped, smiling. Red Son was taken aback, nobody had ever done what MK had for him in his life, Red Son always felt like the worst being in existence, so he lied to himself and acted like he was superior to mask it, but then in that moment, he realized all of them, all of his friends, were equal.

And then with all of the fight left in him vanishing, he stopped fighting himself along with it.

He leaned in, MK didn't fight himself either, he leaned in, too, still holding hands.

"I'm not pulling away, you're not pulling away.." MK mumbled with a tiny smile, Red Son simply nodded and they both leaned further in for a kiss.

It wasn't a deep kiss, but it didn't need to be, it was perfect the way it is in their eyes.

They hugged, and sat there for a moment, taking it all in.

And then MK heard the distant sound of the arcade's door sliding open, followed by some steps.

"MK? Red Son? Are you guys okay?" Mei called out for them, sounding worried.

"Mei is getting worried about you, we better head back." MK said, Red Son smiled.

"I agree, let's go." They both stood up, only releasing one hand per person so they can walk to Mei as she ran towards them, looking concerned.

"We're alright, Mei! Sorry about the trouble, we-" MK started explaining, feeling guilty about leaving Mei behind, Mei's face looked more relaxed now.

"Oh, so you guys ditched me?" Mei began, acting upset, then they all burst into laughter and giggles.

"Oh please, you're stuck with me! Best friends for life!" Mei exclaimed inbetween laughter.

"Best friends for life!" Both MK and Red Son cheered at the same time, they paused for a moment.

"Yeah!!!" Mei replied with a huge grin, and they all cheered with smiles.