Aftermath [Syntax x Reader] pt 2

It was late at night, you were sitting on your bed in your apartment, eating some white rice.

It had been a few hours since the accident at the Spider Queens lab, you had escaped with the help of Syntax and feared for his safety.

You suddenly heard a knock on your window, snapping you out of your deep thoughts as you blankly stared at your rice.

You looked up from your food to see none other than Syntax outside your window, looking injured and bloody. Waving with a blank expression.

"Syntax?!" You exclaimed, putting your rice down as you ran to the window, opening it as Syntax fell onto you, plopping you onto the floor.

"Syntax..? Syntax what happened?!" You demanded, worried as you sat up, Syntax' head on your lap.

"I fought hard but.. the Spider Queen fought harder, I barely made it out of there alive.." He muttered, a bit of blood trickling down his mouth.

"I need to go back and prove m-my loyalty!" Syntax weakly exclaimed as your eyes widened.

"You can't go back! She could kill you!" You replied, holding him close as he quietly hissed.

"It's a suicide mission! You're supposed to be smart, dude!" You tried to reason with him, cupping his face with your hands.

"Fine! If you want me to stay that bad then I guess I could.." He mumbled, obviously wanting to stick around.

"Good, now let me get you the first aid kit, you're bleeding like crazy!" You replied, picking him up.

"How did you manage to pick me up?! Do I even weigh anything to you?!" Syntax exclaimed in surprise, looking tense.

"Nope, you're like a couple of grapes!" You smiled, placing him down comfortably on your bed where you got captured at.

Syntax looked at the area, feeling guilty as you walked out of the room.

You got the first aid kit and walked back to your room.

"Can you take off your jacket? I see some wounds on your arms and stuff." You asked, Syntax blushed a bit.

"Oh, alright, then.." He muttered awkwardly, taking off his jacket and rolling up the sleeves of his undershirt.

You began to bandage his wounds up in silence for a few minutes as you concentrated on wrapping the bandages around them.

"Why are you so determined to keep me from my queen?" Syntax asked quietly, looking from the bandage wraps on his arms to you.

"Dude, that's not your queen anymore. She literally tried to kill you back there and I'm 99.9% sure she's gonna try to do it again." You replied, wrapping up the last bandage and getting up, walking out of the room.

After a few days, Syntax' wounds and bruises were all healed, his bandages were discarded and you both agreed that he would be living with you from now on.