lime green lovers [mei x reader]

(I made a playlist for this one too lmfao)

Link:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2fm86egRcU7yyko9RNNr25?si=ns9Xl4hhTp2E8qk925cihA

(If the link doesn't work lemmie know plz)

As you sat in bed, tired, rather sad, and bored, the fan swirled around, circulating cool air through your dark bedroom, a gloomy atmosphere weighed down on you like heavy boulders, crushing you under the weight. You basically felt like shit, getting out of bed was difficult and taking care of yourself was no longer a priority, you just scrolled on your phone for what felt like hours, turned into days.

It was torture on your mental health and physical health, you felt like you couldn't really get out of bed.

Suddenly, you got a text from Mei, one of your best friends, when you were with her you felt.. different, happier, stronger, you felt complete when you were around her, even.

But that's how you'd feel with any good friend, right..?

"Hey, Y/N! I haven't heard from you in a few days, are you doing okay? Things have been so boring without you." The text read, your cheeks getting pink as you immediately responded.

"I'm doing great, thanks for checking up on me, Mei! <3" As you hit send a pang of guilt streaked through you, it didn't feel good lying to someone you held close to your heart, but you had to, you didn't want her to worry.

You suddenly realized you had accidentally sent the text with a little heart emoticon! Your face turned red with embarrassment, what would Mei think?! Is this weird?! Did you ruin your chances at a conversation, will she even respond?!-

"Great! I'm gonna be going over to Mk's today to play Monkey Mech, wanna join us?" Mei asked, sending a cute picture of a cat after the text got read.

"Yeah! I'd love to!" You quickly responded, sending a cat meme along with the immediate response, immediately calming down.

"Okay, we'll meet you at Mk's place! <3" She responded, the little heart making you blush a bit more.

The mood completely changed. The happy, full feeling soon returned as you shut off your phone and got ready for the day, pulling yourself out of the bed, feeling dizzy.

You put on your favorite lime-green outfit that you usually wore, feeling refreshed as you brushed your teeth and hair, scraping your tongue and repainting your nails.

You ran over to Mk's place, thankfully it wasn't very far from your home so getting there wasn't a problem.

You knocked on the door, to which Mei and Mk had answered.

"Y/N?! Hey!" Mk exclaimed as the three of you hugged.

"We missed you, it's been like, forever since we've seen you! We thought you up and died or something!" Mei exclaimed, giggling a bit, her cheeks a bit pink.

"But it's only been a few days!" You responded, flustered.

"Yeah, and those "few days" were torture!" Mei dramatically responded, her hands on her cheeks.

You, Mei and Mk all laughed after Mei's dramatic line as you walked over to Mk's tv, booting up the game.

You played for about a good three or four hours before the three of you got bored.

"That was super fun!" You exclaimed happily, your cheeks a bit pink as Mei smiled at you.

"Are you kidding, that was amazing!" Mei said, hyped up.

"Are you guys hungry, caaussee I got snacks!" Mk offered, getting some snacks from the fridge and pantry.

"Wooo!!" You and Mei cheered, the three of you sat on Mk's bed, talking and snacking on the chips, marshmallows, and other random foods.