Nightmares (Red Son x MK) (fluff/hurt/comfort)

This was requested by @bobsimp666 , enjoy!

Red Son and Mei had come over to hangout at MK's apartment, and Mei had already left because of how late it was.

"Bye Mei!" Red Son and MK said goodbye as Mei drove off on her dragon car. (I kid you not when I googled her vehicle that's what it said it was)

Red Son was mad with his parents before he left to go hang out with Mei and MK, so before he could step out of the door, he turned on his heel to MK.

"Would you be okay with me spending the night?" He asked, avoiding eye contact.

"A sleepover? Sounds good!" MK smiled as Red Son sighed with relief, then he got the feeling that something wasn't quite right. MK shut the door and grabbed Red Son's hand.

It was getting kind of late, so they decided to go to bed, MK got onto the left side and Red Son took the right, but something was still wrong, as if soon things would take a turn for the worst.

MK fell asleep pretty quickly, dreaming about the next day and what he'd be doing.

But he felt like he was being watched throughout the whole dream, and his friends weren't acting like themselves, they didn't exactly look the part, either. Minor details from their outfits were just.. gone! Even ones he never noticed before.

Their voices were warbled, and they looked mildly annoyed even when they were at Pigsy's. MK tried to speak, he couldn't tell what he said, but when he spoke, the whole group slowly turned their heads in his direction, then immediately turned to eachother and began to argue.

Then MK realized it wasn't just some normal dream;

It was his worst nightmare.

Red Son found himself shrinking as he ran through the city, begging even the lowliest of civilians to at least respond to his cries, he looked at his hands, they were familiar. These weren't his normal hands; he had turned completely into a child! This body- these events, they weren't his. He would never accept that. He tried to reach out to another random citizen, hugging their leg.

MK then felt something grabbing onto him, an angry figure, then his friends said something in unison that broke him.

"How disappointing." Their voices said all at once, MK's eyes widened as he woke up, the nightmare felt more like some awful prophecy.

He wanted to process what just happened, but he suddenly felt the head of someone's body next to him, they looked over to a sobbing Red Son, whispering for help, starting to hyperventilate as MK began to panic even more.

And then Red Son's body returned to his normal size, he turned around to see MK, the one person who wasn't ignoring him. MK put their hands on Red Son's shoulders.

"Red Son? Red Son!" MK shook him, he tried to respond, but all he could do was close his eyes.

"What..? What's going on..? The demon's eyes widened and his voice was shaky, his breaths quick.

"You had a nightmare, you were like, full-on sobbing, what happened? Is there something wrong?" MK asked, sounding worried.

"So, in the nightmare, I was wandering the city for help, or something? Then I looked at my hands, and, it was like I was a little kid again! Without my powers, too! Then I heard you trying to wake me up, I just- went back to normal, then I was shaken awake by you!" He explained, sounding confused.

They discussed the dream a little further.

"Dreams usually mean something important, but what could it even be symbolizing..?" He asked.

"Well, is it something going on at your home?" MK wondered, then it all clicked.

"I think so," Red Son nodded, looking stressed, wanting to change the subject.

"So, what was the matter with you when you woke me up? You seemed terrified." Red Son asked MK, MK looked a little surprised.

"Well, for one; you were sobbing and whispering about needing help! Why wouldn't I be worried..??! And two; I might've also had a nightmare." He said, also looking stressed, but not for himself.

"Oh, are you okay? Tell me everything!" Red Son blurted out, sounding worried but also tired.

"I had this crazy dream about tomorrow, I got ready for the day like normal, but our friends looked.. strange. Their faces were all blurred and details of their appearances were wrong. I tried to speak but they all turned to me and started arguing! They all seemed so mad!" MK began,

"And then they all said 'How disappointing' like, perfectly in sync! It was the worst nightmare, like, ever!" He finished the recap.

"Wow. Maybe it has a connection to how you don't like letting your friends down?" Red Son suggested.

"Yep, that fits." He agreed, nodding as he yawned, looking exhausted.

"You don't have to do everything yourself, y'know?" Red Son began, MK perked up.

"What? What do you mean?" He asked, tilting his head a little as Red Son sighed.

"You're not doing all this alone, you know that, right?" He continued, hugging MK, MK hugged back.

"Alright, and you know that you aren't alone in any of this stuff either, yeah? You're on our side now." MK reassured him. Red Son paused, nodding.

MK and Red Son lay back down, and MK quickly fell back asleep, still clinging to Red Son as the fiery demon processed what MK had told him. His words replaying over and over for awhile, then he finally fell asleep, relaxed and comforted just like he hoped.