The Hanahaki [wukong x monkie!reader] (MEGA ANGST) (Maybe slowburn??? Idfk)

(I CHANGED A FEW THINGS, SO PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE FIC EVEN IF YOUVE SEEN THE OG VERSION!!)

(In this fic Wukong is more oblivious than Adrien Agreste so prepare to be pissed off by that, this also takes place after s3)

(S4 leak???)

You and Wukong sat on the couch like you usually did, Wukong was in his pajamas wrapped up in a blanket as he watched TV whilst you sat next to him.

Suddenly, your body didn't feel like your own, like you were nothing more than a guest, a painful expansion announced it's presence in your lungs, making it a bit difficult to breathe.

Without realizing it, you looked over to your old friend, and spoke.

"Hey, dude, guess what?"

"What.?"

"I think I'm like, in love with you." You said bluntly, Wukong's expression went from bored and sleepy, to shocked and upset.

The covers shot off of him to reveal his normal outfit as he stood up, a bouquet of lotuses appeared in your hands.

Almost automatically you got on one knee, presenting the flowers to him for him to take.

Wukong slapped the bouquet out of your hands, dissolving them in the air with his laser eyes.

In a blink of an eye, the two of you were suddenly deep in an unknown forest, Wukong sprinted into the strange woods, without thinking, without being able to take a step back and process what was going on, you ran after him.

"Wukong! Wukong, wait up!" You tried to call out to him as you ran, but after a few seconds your body was weighed down by something, you looked around to see about five clones of the Monkey King, holding you down as he ran out of sight.

A portal opened underneath you, sending you and the clones into a deep, seemingly bottomless pit.

You coughed, a lotus flower escaping your mouth.

The clones surrounded you, their faces twisting into black and violet shadow-clone faces, their eyes bright white slits.

"He doesn't need you.." A mysterious voice whispered, it's mouth another white slit. You coughed up another lotus.

"You're pathetic. Love has made you weak.." Another voice whispered.

"You'll never be good enough.." Another rasped.

"Vulnerable."

"Waste of space."

"Useless.."

With every insult, another lotus flower was coughed up, again, and again, and again.

The clones followed you as you fell, whispering and hissing insults as another voice called your name.

As your back hit the ground, you jolt awake, tears streaming down your cheeks.

"Y/N? Y/N!" Wukong exclaimed with worry, shaking you awake.

"Wukong?" You muttered, rubbing your head as you felt the uncomfortable coldness of the salty tears that erupted from your eyes.

"Y/N, what's wrong?" Wukong asked, looking stressed out.

"I don't know, I just..-" You began, but was cut off by a cough, followed by the feeling of something traveling up your throat.

You coughed once more in your hand.

You lowered the hand to reveal a lotus flower in your palm. Your eyes widened with fright as more tears ran down your face.