teatime (red son x reader)

(This takes place after The Great Wall Race, in this fic, the reader accidentally ate a peach of immortality once when they were small and didn't know what powers they'd give, but they forgot this happened, meeting Red Son when they were both little.)

You watched the race on TV, seeing how Red Son had lost the race and got humiliated, live. The race broadcasted across the whole city.

You heard a little swoosh of flames coming from the hallway of your apartment complex followed by a bit of stomping, you had gotten a phone call from Red Son, so you already knew it was him, then heard a loud knock on your door.

Lately, he's been trying to cool off before returning home after missions like this one, and you offered to help with that, neither of you had many friends, so the two of you grew close.

You opened the door and Red Son greeted you, his hair ablaze. You invited them inside and her flaming hair calmed down a little, but of course, this wasn't the only occasion the two of you would spend time together.

He plopped down on the couch as you began to prepare some of your sleepy-time tea, accidentally adding a little more of the powder to the batch than normal, getting the cup you made specifically for Red Son, then one for yourself, and setting the teapot all onto a wooden platter, bringing it over to the coffee table, setting it down.

"Wanna talk about it?" You offered as he picked up his cup, taking a sip from it.

"Later," She muttered, looking drained. You nodded, taking a sip from your cup.

"Wanna watch TV?" They suggested, needing a distraction. She tried to speak as little as possible, being in a very sour mood and all.

"Sounds good." You nodded again, picking up the remote and putting on a random cartoon.

Setting the remote back next to the platter, the two of you scooted closer to each other, holding hands. This was quite normal, the physical touch being quite calming for both of you.

After a while, Red Son's hair flames died down as their head slowly tilted more onto your shoulder.

You looked over, noticing he had fallen asleep.

You'd never admit it, but your friend looked adorable when they slept, even more than usual.

You tried to keep still as you observed the peaceful demon, the tea having little effect on you.

The movie had ended, and you were still gazing at Red Son, their leg occasionally bounced, dreaming.

You eventually drifted off to sleep as you flopped over onto something.

The next morning, you slowly started to wake up to the feeling of your hair being played with, you looked up to see that Red Son was behind the sensation, and you closed your eyes, pretending to sleep.

"Y/N, I know you're awake." Red Son muttered whilst the both of you tried to conceal your giggles.

"Nuh-uh." You replied, pretending to snore.

"The hell do you mean 'nuh uh'?! Yes you are, you liar!" She exclaimed through a small chuckle as you began to crack up, opening your eyes.

"Okay, okay, you caught me!" You giggled.

The two of you spent the rest of the day hanging out and watching movies lol