The escape

"Stay here where it's safe, and don't go near that guy." Rick says, before rushing off with some of the others, checking the sewers or something.

I take one last look at the streets a few feet under me, sighing as I try to count the freaks one by one to past time. But it was boring.

I walk towards t-dog and sit besides him, a little ways away from Merle, the rat.

"Anybody out there? Hello? Anybody read? I'm hoping to hear somebody's voice 'cause I'm sick and tired of hearing mine." T-dog tries to reach someone through his walkie but it's no use, there's only static

"Yeah, well, that makes two of us. Why don't you knock that crap off? Your giving me a headache , boy." Merle says, spitting on the floor next to him.

"Shut up." I spat out, regretting it immediately. Merle turns to me with anger and something else in his eyes and face, I gulp and scoot further into the edges wall behind me.

Rick, I can handle. Guys like Merle, no thank you.

"Why don't you pull your head out of your ass? Maybe your headache will go away. Try some positive for a a change. Damn." T-dog fiddles with his walkie , while Merle sits there look ugly and chuckling.

"I'll tell you what— you get me out of these cuffs and I'll be all "Sammy sunshine" positive for you." Merle suggest looking between me and t, " hey, see that hacksaw over there in that tool bag? Get it for me, hmm? Make it worth the while. What do you say, man? Come on." Merle says, more to t right know

"So you can beat my ass again? Or call me .... Some more?" T-dog says, my shoulders slump at his words

"Or shoot you the streets and make even more noise?" I add in , cris crossing my legs in front of me as I relax my back into the wall

"Come on now. It wasn't personal. It's just that your kind and my kind ain't meant to mix. That's all. It don't mean we can't ... work together, parley, as long as there's some kind of mutual gain involved. So about that hacksaw- -" merle go on and on with his useless rant, ignoring what I said.

" I guess you want me to get that rifle over there too so you can shoot that cop when he comes back up, huh?" T-dog suggest, and i Murrow my eyes at Merle.

Mom had a name to put to "his" kind. Redneck.

The door burst open and the rest come ruching towards the edge , a little besides us but I couldn't hear them.

It was as if my hear filled with water, and my eyes to focused on Merle who was shooting daggers into Ricks back head.

Will Merle kill him? How would he do it? He looks like the type to find torture a good way, make them feel pain till they can take it anymore?

But then again, he also looks like the type to just get it over with and never think about it again. Filled with guilt.

I feel some one grab my shoulders gently and rush me off of the roof and into a room. Looking up I find out it was glenn. Where's rick? Just then rick pops up with gloves and white coats, some wowed hats to. What is it with this man and weird hats?

"Here." Glenn mutters almost disappointed, and i furrow my eyes at the freak a little away from my shoes.

Rick breaks a glass looking box with a wooden stick, taking out a metal hammer as every one gathers around the freak.

"What's happening?" I wisphered the question, no one seemed to hear me so I pretended like I didn't say Andy thing and focus on the scene in front of me.

Rick brings the ax up and halfway down before he lets the ax go loos in his hands, like it was hard for him to slice through the freak. But he has no problem shooting them?