The masked truth

I follow Eugene out the place we were staying in the night. I rub my eyes and I feel my mouth open in a loud yawn. Maggie woke me up couple minutes before we got ready to leave.

She hoped we could stay longer, but Abraham wasn't having it. The night of a memory I had last night wasn't helping the aches in my stomach from the hit it took, down to the starvation it was facing.

I know now. I know that sleep won't help the constant remembrance of the good and the not so good memories of the people I once held warmth with.

Of course, I haven't told them that I felt some discomfort on my abdomen area. It wasn't as bad as it looked. Granted, I only lifted my shirt when I was alone for a split second-

"Lanna!" I hear Rosita call for me and that's when I realize I came to a stop and was staring aimlessly at the ground. She motions with her head at the others, checking a big red and white truck out across the street.

I step into a puddle and feel some of the dirty water splash my cloths. Well, it's not the most disgusting thing I've had or have on me.

I hear the engine to the big truck start to come to life. I squint my sensitive eyes up at Abraham, who was steering the wheel. His proud grin not leaving his mouth as he send me a wink, I send one back.

We have transportation now.

I see his eyes follow something in the mirror attached to the car. I look back at the open gate the door was pushing onto. But there was nothing there.

I look back at the moving car to see if not moving. Can't we just have one thing, one thing working for us.

"God damn time." Abraham curses out my thought aggressively before jumping out of the car. Glenn comes around and checks the car as well.

"We'll find another ride." Glenn says but I don't believe him.

"If there was a ride worth a shit in this town, we'd have seen it. This thing done some crows clearing. Right up in the intake. Which means we've got an air filter filled with damn human remains." He says more to himself before picking up a plastic bag that was at my feet. Talking to himself more before he starts trying to pick things out of a thing on the side of the vehicle.

"Abraham." Rosita says calmly

"What." Rude, I thought after Abraham snaps at Rosita

"That feeds the radiator. The intake for the engine is actually on the roof." I wanted to laugh as Rosita makes Abraham stop.

A man will be what they are when not thinking, an idiot.

I feel something behind me and glance back to see a single tire rolling away. What the fuck. Suddenly , the whole stack of tires in front of the open door falls to the ground.

Dozen of walkers revealed behind them, coming for us.

"Tara, Maggie!" I hear Glenn yell but I'm too busy loading an arrow into my bow. My arrow flies into a walker skull and I don't waste time in watching it.

Abraham's arm was trying to shrug off a walker and I bring my bow up to my nose. All his moving wasn't making it easier for me. Inhale, exhale.

The walker limply lays on the ground after Abraham pushes it. I reach down and grab another one of my arrows, my arms sore and burning but I couldn't let that get in the way.

The walkers head is bursted open by a strong strings of water. I look up to see Eugene's focused eyes aiming the water at each of the walkers.

When he moves it over me to another's head, a waterfall of it pours over me. I gasp for air and run to put my back towards the big truck.