The art of longing

I follow Rosita and michonne from yards away. The clicking of my metal gun against my second belt not helping me so much.

I forgot about that clicking sound so quickly it's distracting.

My bow in my hand with an arrow already set in place. My knife not hidden but at show on my waists band.

A wave of sudden missing has been in my chest ever since I've climbed over that wall. Had I been missing my weapons? The hunt of going out and preying on something?

I don't think I want to know the answer.

A crow calls out, snapping me from my heads conversation. I blink a few times and realize I've teleported to only a few feet from the duo.

Before I could cover myself with a thin tree, something beneath my feet snaps. Loudly. With relaxed shoulders, I watch as Rosita and michones being their knives and guns to the ready.

They get back to back. I watch as they rotate and wait for one to see me first. Michonne dark chocolate eyes connect with my light ones.

She doesn't say anything at first. Sighing and dropping her gun to her side. She stops and that sparks Rosita's curiosity.

She turns and follows michone gaze, me. Her eyes open wider than they naturally are and I see her nose flare a bit,

"What are you thinking?" She walks up to me, trying to grab ahold of my bow. I enjoy her company, I think, but she isn't taking my bow.

I take a step back, "Don't touch," I swop her hands away from my weapons, What do you think I'm doing?" I ask her a question she already knows by the surprised look that settles onto her face

"How'd you know what we were coming out here to do? I didn't tell you." Rosita crosses her arms across her chest. For some reason, the action makes my cheeks heat up and my heart beat at a rate only comes when I ran a lap.

"No, but I do have a brain." I reply with the confidence that radiants off of her soul and latches onto my own.

I hear michonne throat let out a chuckle from behind Rosita, she turns and the dark chocolate eyed woman is revealed. A humorous smirk plastered on her face.

It look forced, almost like she was trying to be light.

"You think this is funny? Ricks going to really mind that we just let Lanna come along with us-"

"He won't even notice, besides, he ain't my keeper." I tilt my head upwards towards her sharp eyes.

"She's already out here." Michone shrugs, the smirk fading and a small gracing smile plastered onto her face.

Rosita scoffs through a 'I can't believe this' grin. She shakes her head but says nothing else, walking off into the distance.

Michone waits for me to catch up to her before we catch up to Rosita and walk besides one another, me, in the middle.

"You stay between us and don't go wandering off. You tell us if or when you see something or someone. You got it?" Michone orders as she places her gun ahead of her

Somehow, her sudden change in demeanor and orders reminds me of someone I haven't thought of in a long time.

Someone who went mad and disappointed me a long time ago...

"Yes." I nod my head, I don't speak. I scan my surrounding every chance I get as Rosita and michonne converse in a conversation about longing.

It made me think , that perhaps, I'm not longing for mama because she wasn't longing for me when she went over that wall....