At fault

I'm frozen to the ground, I can't move. The screams of my new friends are fading as soon as they are gone from my sight. I'm alone , and only a few feet away from the freak that's eating a deer. I feel like throwing up. I'm going to throw up.

But before I could crunch over and spill everything that I've eaten which isn't that much , rapid steps come running behind me. I recognize one of the persons patterned footsteps as Ricks.

I wanted to yell out for him but I couldn't. I can't stop looking at how the freak can be so weak but still have so much power as to rip open a deer. It isn't fair.

I heard a low hum sound come from the deer, I tried to resist the urge to look at its open eyes but failed. I couldn't breath now, is this normal?

I could see the pain and sadness in its eyes, my own eyes started to sting and I knew I was about to start crying. But I didn't care. It hummed again , and it was like it was begging me to do something.

I nodded slightly as I reached for the dagger basically inbred into my lower back, my hands couldn't stop shaking and my eyes started to blur.

"I can do it, I can do it." I whispered to myself, suddenly a pair of big hands grabbed onto my shoulders and skinned me around, my hand returning to my side hesitantly.

Rick.

It was just rick.

He pushes me away from the walker and deer, making sure that his back is the only thing I see. It was to late though, the deers ripped skin in bidding into my memory already.

The bushes started to move, making a rustling sound. My nails started to dig into the side of my pants, almost as if my body was trying to hide from whatever was coming out from the bushes.

But when a man came out looking pissed as ever, my fingers relaxed and I let out a breath of relief and confusion.

Shane mumbles something under his breath, he to looks relieved but also frustrated at the same time.

"Son of a bitch. That's my deer!" The man curses, I squint my eyes as I try and get a better look at him, " look at it. All gnawed on by this...," he starts to kick the walker, "filthy , disease- bearing, motherless proxy bastard!" He adds, cursing more than my mom does. Which is a lot.

"Clam down son. That's not helping." Old man dale says, the guy walks up to him and tries to get in dales face, but Shane stops him by putting his hand forward.

His face tells me that this ain't new to him.

"What do you know about it, old man? I've been tracking this deer for miles. Was going to drag it back to camp. Cook us up some venison.-" the man continued his rant, I started to lose interest in his ranting and turned around, heading back the way I came from.

Amy tried to reach for me but I dodged her warm hands and continued on my walk, there voices soon became faint.

Who was that scary guy?

The question resorted in my head and the more it did the more of a desire it was to find out. He's a tracker, That's obvious.

I sat down by Shane's black car, taking a stick from the ground and started to dig into the cracked ground, dirt getting on my pants but I didn't care.

"Merle! Merle! Get your ugly ass out here! Got us some squirrel! Lets stew them up." I hear the guy yell out to Merle, passing me and sitting his crossbow that I barely seemed to noticed he had on a broken tree.

Why is he asking for Merle?

"Daryl. Just slow up a bit I need to talk to you." Shane says, putting his gun in his car in front of me. Patting my head before walking towards the guy named daryl.