I wouldn't call them friends

As soon as my feet hit the ground I push rick away from me. Too much of that, I thought as I readjust my jacket and dust away dirt from the loose pants of mine.

I couldn't hold not looking at his face forever , so I did. He had a beard now, darker circles under his eyes that made him look sychotic. He over all looked tired, done. His hair was longer which allowed me to seek out curls I never saw before.

I feel someone move in besides me a little too close, just a little. I see the hat rick once worn first before my eyes travel down to his eyes.

Carls eyes were no different , expect for the dark glint in his orbs. We all have that know wether we wanted it or not. It's just how it is now.

I see his eyes looking into my eyes before they travel down to something near my mouth. I bring my hand up and press around my mouth to feel liquid.

"Oh." It comes out tiny as I clean the guys blood from around my mouth. That's embarrassing.

It was my mistake to turn away for just a second because when I did I felt arms elope around my shoulders.

"I'm glad your alive ." He says into my ear and out of my left eye I see his people looking at us. This is embarrassing. It's unnecessary.

"Okay...." I say before using my shaky hands to make him let go of me. Enough of that, I think as I roll my shoulders back a few times before look back down at rick as he continues to dig.

Why are we just standing here? There hundreds of walker on the loose near us and he's digging.

"The hell are we still around for?" I hear Abraham yell from a little ways behind me. I wanted to know too.

"Guns, some supplies. Go along the fences. Use the rifles. Take out the rest of 'em." Rick explains his stupid plan.

"What?" Bob steps forwards as he ask the question that was clearly clear. Rick wanted to kill them all and I did too, but it wasn't the time for vengeance.

"They don't  get to live." I roll my eyes at ricks thinking. I bite back my blood remarks that I wanted to say. I don't think they care for what I have to say.

Rick checks his gun before his eyes slowly meet mine and I hold contact. This felt to surreal but I didn't let that get in my way of narrowing my eyes at his. Silently telling him that I'm pissed as of know.

"It's not over till there dead." Rick then says and nods his head at me but I don't  nod back. He's sounding too much like him. Rick can't be like him, he can't because if he is I'm not staying around for it.

"The hell it isn't. That place is on fire. Full of walkers." I hear Rosita back her companion up from behind me but I don't turn around. Rick breaks eyes contact again before checking the guns in his hand.

He looks at me like I'm a alien, a ghost. Like I'm here to torture his mind.

"I'm not dicking around with this crap. We just made it out." Abraham lets out sigh after sigh of exhaustion

"The fences are down. They'll run or die." I hear Maggie say but don't turn around because my eyes are too focused on something in the trees.

I walk past Rick and look deeper into the trees. Someone was there. I take out my gun before switching the safety off.  I don't aim it ,though, but instead keep it at the ready.

"Lanna?" I could hear carls voice from behind but I don't pay no mind to it. Finally, the person steps out of the trees. I tilt my head and narrow my eyes at the woman. She looked.... Familiar.

——
"Sophia.." carol whispered as a sob left her throat.

My eyes shift from carol on the ground to rick as I hear him click his safety off. Carol lets out a cry as Sophia falls to the ground.