Mug of Restlessness

(Sorry in advance)

There is a distant sound of something playing music. A sweet, deadly melody that I know too well. The music makes this even more real.

It's strange , isn't it?

A sound that's suppose to make you want to move, to be present, has the ability to become too real. Almost unrealistic?

-

"Is this a simple life?" Mama asks from above, her fingers curling my ends as it lays sprawled on her lap.

I shift my head from the tiny, box shaped t.v to her eyes before turning back to the cartoon named 'Tom& Jerry" .

"It's all I know ,mama." I tell her in a calm but cautious tone. My head still sore from the yelling that took place last night.

I hear her let out a dumbfounded chuckle before I hear her flick her blunt on a wooden tray sitting behind my laid form.

I shift on the sofa and try to concentrate back onto the t.v .

-

"How small the world is, isn't it Lanna girl?" Mama rhetorically ask as she pours some coffee into a mug, sliding it to Daryl.

Yea, Daryl. He didn't leave after mama practically dragged me inside with her arms still intact to my body.

He sits comfortably fake on the soft velvet chair in front of the sofa mama sat me on. She hands Daryl a mug with steady hands.

I grab mine from the table, just realizing how cold and shaky my hands were. I grab the mug with two hands when mama flops down on the sofa beside me.

"Lanna-"

"Yes,sorry mama." I answer her ,quickly. This draws Daryl in. I notice because of how his brows scrunch up and the steel grip he has had on his mug of coffee.

To this I only raise a single brow before shifting my eyes to mamas wondering ones. I know she isn't stupid.

She can already tell how cautious daryl is. I learned part of my body reading from her, after all.

The silence is back on.

I just know what Daryl's thinking. I just reunited with my mama. Why aren't we talking our vocabulary out?

I, however couldn't care less, and the melody from the background seems to reappear. Almost as if it was its job to fill up silence.

"Mama, the music please." I connect my eyes with hers, giving her a careful but joyous smile. Mid sip, she nods and runs around the couch and to the other room.

I turn to Daryl and my blank face reappears,

'Leave' I mouth to him

'Nah' he mouths back, with a slight shake of his head. My eyes soften and my frown falls deeper.

'Please' I make my eyes rounder, bigger. I know what I was doing. Carmen taught me this.

'A beautiful little girl like yourself is gonna need more than some combat skills in your life. You'll thank me latter, Lanna.' She said

I thank her.

Daryl's eyes fall and he takes a big gulp of the coffee just as I hear mamas footsteps coming back to the living room.