Left behind

I sat with my back against a car window behind Lori and Carl, Shane was talking about a radio but I didn't care. I didn't recognize what he was talking about anyways. I never do.

"We're,uh... we're — we're not going." Morales says, I sit up straighter and turn my head to the morales family as a silence takes over.

"We have family in Birmingham. We want to be with our people." Morale's wife says... I never did catch her name. But, I don't want Aliza to go.

Who is going to protect her? Yes, she has a dad who can but... let's be realistic. There's more freaks than the small family. I'm shocked I made it those weeks alone after mom...

"You go on your own, you won't have anyone to watch your back." Shane voices, I look from him to the family, more specifically Aliza as she holds that doll of hers tighter to her chest.

A deep frown settles on my face, my shoulders tense up at the thought of Aliza being eaten by a freak.

"We'll take the chance. I got to do what's best for my family." Morales says, more to rick then Shane this time.

"You sure?"  rick says not to convinced for there safety like I am.

"We talked about it. We're sure." Morales says, looking from his wife to rick.

"Alright. Shane." Ricks says, knelling down and in zipping the bag of guns , Shane nods.

Rick hands morales a second gun and Shane gives a half full box of bullets. I heard daryl let out a scoff, and I glanced at him to see he is a little bit aggravated by the exchanges.

Lori get down from the car and goes in for a hug from the wife of morales. I slid myself next to Carl and look up as his sour looking face, I would have laughed if I didn't feel a little like crying myself.

But anger took over.

Why would they leave? Surely they now that they probably won't find they're family, in the condition of the world today.

They won't be with us anymore, and I can't do anything to stop them.

"Thank you all... for everything." Morales wife says, close to tears. Lori finally pulls her into a hug, lets go and kisses both Aliza and her brothers head as if saying goodbye.

Aliza walks up to Sophia and hands her the doll she climbed to since I've met her, they both are crying softly now. She come sip to me and I jump down from my spot on the car and meet her half way.

I'm not crying ,but she is as she suddenly pulls me in for a tight hug, I pause for a few seconds before patting her on the back with the most passion I can give.

She lets go and brings her arm up, taking off a bracelet that I notice has been on her since I've met her also, she holds it out to me.

I clear my throat to ensure that when I speak my voice won't crack, "you sure?" My voice comes out more quite then it usually is, she smiles down at me and nods.

I take it from her hand gently, giving her hand a squeeze before letting go, I watch her back as she walks back to her family.

We all get into our cars, rick made me ride with his family and carols and Sophia. I want to be alone right now. The trees were swaying with the light wind in my eyes, almost as if they were calling be to walk between them.

But rick stood in my way and practically shoved me into the back seat of the car I was sitting on moments ago.

I scoot closer to the window , my hand gripping the bracelet before shoving it into my jackets pocket when it felt like it was burning my hands