Late talks and Reunions

I fell hands shake me from my nap.

When did I fall asleep?

I blink my eyes open as fast I could, hearing a loud sound before sunlight blinds my eyes, are we at their camp already?

"Hey," I hear Ricks voice from in front of me, in the drivers seat, " we gotta go meet every one." He adds, i sit up and watch him as he sighs and rubs his head in tiredness.

"Or we could drive off in this moving car, leave them here with there people." I suggest, not really joking. He thinks I am though, looking back at me with a tired grin and a small chuckle.

"No, that wouldn't be right..." he says, before opening his door and waiting for me to follow him. I bow my head and roll my eyes at no one, before crawling to the open door and climbing over the drivers seat, jumping down till my feet hit cracked dirt.

"After you." I say, putting my arm forward, he takes a few steps ahead of me and I follow behind him.

Rick stops suddenly, I look up at him and stare at the back of his head. I read his body language, something that mom taught me, somethings not right.

"Dad!" I hear a boys yell, rick takes off in a stumbling sprint before kneeling down on his knees and a boy only a few years older than me, judging by his face features and height, hugging rick with tears streaming down his face.

A skinny women with long brown hair hugs a crying rick and a crying boy from the side, her face reading off as shocked and... disappointed.

A boy and a pretty lady, rick crying while sharing a heart felt moment.

This must be his family. His family.

Oh. That's nice.

I sit in between glenn and t-dog, watching as the tiny fire never grows.

I don't know why I felt a sudden emotion grow in me when I looked for my mom in the crowd, it was stupid of me. Mom never was a people person.

"Disoriented. I guess that comes closest. Fear, confusion- all those things but... disoriented comes closest." Rick explains how he felt when he first woke up from a coma, but of course I didn't know what that was or meant.

I look down at my hands that were on my lap, feeling un noticed in a big group like this. I just want to go back into hiding in the trees, only coming out to feed the horse... that's died now.

"Words can be meager things." A old guy with a white beard says, he too is wearing a funny hat, " sometimes they fall short." He adds

"I felt like I'd been ripped out of my life and put somewhere else. For a while I thought I was trapped in some coma dream, something I might not wake up from ever." Rick says, hugging his wife closer to him, his son laying his head on his lap.

I wanted to sit with Rick, uncomfortable with the amount of people that were looking at me, but his son beat me to it. Glenn smiled and invited me to sit with him, and I accepted. I don't blame Ricks son, because if my mom showed up from the shadows of the trees I would of ran to her side, no hesitation no matter what has happened. She was- is - was and always will be my one mama.

Wood clattering woke me from my trance, making me flinch at the sudden noise. I swallow hard before looking over my shoulder at a family who made there own fire instead of joining the others here.

There was this big man, which scared me because I knew a type of man like him... I know what he is. A rat. And a lady with shorter grey hair, she seemed sweet. When we first got to camp she offered me a weak smile, and I couldn't help but give her one back. Then they're was a little girl, with short blonde hair, she's beautiful. But always seems to look down when her , I'm guessing father, looks her way.