Troubled Child?

"I don't know why it's a big deal. The important part is that she isn't dead, right?" Hisses mama, I stay rooted on the couch of hers,still in my soaking cloths.

I twist the braclet over and over again until I hear a small snap. My hands lay frozen on my shaking legs.

This is my fault.

"Look, I shouldn't have put myself into this," Aaron says from the door frame. He's right . He should stay in his own life. "I just thought I would bring her back to the parent." He adds, ultimatly opening the door and walking out.

I knew I had an off felling about him. What a snitch.

"I think..." Deanna, who has been observing the energy, like I have been, from the closed curtain window.

She thinks, of course she does.

Something comes from the back of my throat, a scoff. Perhaps an annoyed chuckle. I don't know why it bothers me.

"You think this is funny?" Rick says in a tone I've never heard him use... with me. A scold, no, humorous shock.

I don't know.

"It doesn't matter, right?" I bite back even though there wasn't a bite to begin with. I don't like this.

Why am I biting?

"Leave her alone." Mama steps forwards, blocking me from ricks curious eyes. A little bit of surprise runs through me.

She's defending me? She's defending me.

Joy, is what I feel before Deanna say something that makes me heated.

"I think Lanna should stay with rick and their group. Just for a little while. Until you stay consistent-"

"Rick and his group. They're stranger and I will not, in my right mind, be leaving my child with some old man and-"

"Elizabeth!" Deanna says sternly, raising a hand. I feel mama flinch into me. We are the same in ways after all.

"I am the one who says here." Deanna lowers her voice, taking a few calm breaths. I feel mamas tenses arms relax, "I say that either Lanna go to a house only a few streets away from you, or ..." Deanna seems to loose her voice

"Or? Finish your sentence Deanna!" Mama shouts out, crossing her arms over her chest rigidly. Like she knew what the boss lady meant.

"Or I kick you out!" Deanna says, having enough of mamas attitude. It's not long till a hot silence takes over.

I feel that if I had moved, I would be burned.

"No." Mama says the one word that nobody wants to hear, except me. I don't.

Next, I feel the floor creak . I see an arm snake around mamas figure still hiding me and grabbing me. The arms is ricks, I didn't let go of him.

He leads me to the hallway. He stops in the middle of the two.

"Which ones yours?" He asks me, not looking at me. I don't seem to be able to respond. Too busy hearing mama and Deanna have a heated argument where we left them.

"Hey, pay attention to me. Everything's going to be alright. Which one's your room?" Ricks pats my damp hair out of my eyes so I'm able to look at him.

I don't. Instead, I point to the one on the right.

He reaches with his free hand, opening the door and walking us into it. He doesn't even look at the bed, the carpet, the tarnished window.

Instead, he lets go of me. Grabbing a big bag at the foot of the bed that not even I have seen. He starts to goes into the closet and stuff cloths into it.