Eat the Truth

I have to crane my neck up at the sun to get a full view of the big houses in front of me. My fingertips find there own rhythm tapping on the bracelet styling my wrist.

It's suspicious non e the less. Who just has two perfectly good big, useless houses sitting around? Giving them away to some strangers they think are 'good' for this place.

Rick told me why Aaron had stalked us for so long. Why Deanna told him to bring us in.

She wants outsiders.

I see Aaron's jacket walk in front of me and I hear the distant conversation stop.

Rick grabs my wrist ,with the bracelet, and drags me inside with him and Carl.

The first thing I noticed about the mansion was the cleanliness. I watch my reflection on the shiny floor.The walls weren't blank. Already having someone's things on them. We were simply the guest.

There was furniture. It looked so, plain of color.

Normal.

My eyes stay on my reflection on the floor the most part. Tilting my head as I see how my untamed hair framed around my face as if I fought a tiger.

Tiger...

The sound of loud running water hits my ears, making me snap up and initially go for an arrow.

My arms work on their own as I see my bow in front of my face with a arrow besides it in seconds.

My sight besides the tip of the arrow finds the target.

Carl, it was just Carl. His hand steady on the water faucet. I travel my eyes to see it was a running sink.

I hand comes towards my hands in position. Before they could touch me, I drop my stance and travel towards the door.

I couldn't look at them.

The energy shift in the room telling me that ricks disappointed and carls cautious. I open and walk out, closing the door and walking down the unnecessarily steps.

Sitting on the last one with my bow by side.

Just in case.

I hear footsteps coming towards me and turn my head to see it was the rest of the group. They stop in front of me a couple feet away.

"Is it okay?" Rosita asks me in a calm voice. Her tone relaxing me some from the energy shift earlier. I nod and let my chin rest on my hurting knees as they walk past me.

All except Daryl.

He stands there for a bit, scanning the area. Almost as if he can't look at me.

Does he even want me here?

The question goes with Daryl as he walks past me and I wait for the sound of the door to open, it does, then it closes shut.

I'm left in silence.

I breath in as deep as I could before closing my eyes and letting my face relax, my ears perk up and I listen to the ringing crows as they sing around me.

I hold the breath as long as I could before I eventually feel the panic of passing out and I have to release it.

I wonder how long I lasted this time.

My senses come back to me. The crows filling my ears become descent and my eyes begin to bloom open.

I see a pair of dirty pants in the corner of my left eye and realize that someone has been standing next to my sitting form.