Bad blood

I stare at his sweaty back as my legs dangle from the edge of the trucks steps. He hasn't moved, hasn't moved at all. Not one inch.

Eugene either from what I could hear. See, I didn't really care about his nocked out body right know.

I mean, I get what he did. He's weak and weak people lie about real shit. I wanted to drive a arrow through his forehead. Just because I understand his reason doesn't mean I can't not want to murder his cold face.

I feel a shadow move besides me and turn my head to see a worried Rosita looking at Abraham, then me.

"This seat taken?" She points to the metal seat besides me and I shake my head, no. She nods , before sitting besides me with a sincere worried look for her ... boyfriend.

"I haven't seen him like this before," she begins to sigh tiredly so I look up at her with worry, " Sure, we've lost people before but- but this... this is the biggest loss to him." She wipes her eyes before clearing her throat. Her eyes not leaving Abe's sweat dripping back.

"Are you okay." I clear my dry throat, twisting the ends of my loose hair between my fingers. I was worried.

"I'm fine. I will be." She nods her head, more to herself. I couldn't take my eyes of off her, not even when she started to lower her head to me.

"Are you alright, Lanna? Earlier- it's just that that must've been hard for you to watch-"

"No, it's alright. There are worse things that could've happened." I shrug, wishing my words will reassure her that I'm fine. Because I am.

I feel her wrap her arms around my shoulders, leaning me into the warmth of her side. It was refreshing.

"Excuse me." I wispher to her before swinging my feet one last time before hopping off the steps and walking towards the pst out Eugene.

Too refreshing.

"That's great news for GREALTM. We just scraped the bottom of the water barrel." Tara's words cause me to stop. What kind of name is that?

"W-what's GREALTM?" Glenn ask the question that I was thinking. Tara gestures towards the water bottle with our first letter of name on them.

"Us. Group name. Solidarity. Band of brothers.GREALTM." Tara says it as if it's obvious.

I cross my arms and walk to the front of the truck where Maggie was, standing over Eugene's blacked out body on the floor.

"Hope your having nightmares. With blood spilled just like yours. Bad blood." I say down to him when Maggie walked around us to have conversations with the rest.

I look around to see if anyone was paying attention before bringing my eyes back down to Eugene.

"People got hurt, they still are hurt. You caused them to hurt." I spit down at him, half hoping he could hear me and the other half hoping he couldn't.

I lean back and release a deep, calming breath.

"But I also get why you did what you did. As I said, your weak. Weak people are stupid so they do stupid shit. Even the smart stupid, you know? You don't have anything else but that smart brain of yours, its understandable." I nod down to this limp form as if he was going to say something back to me.

I guess we have things in common. One, we're both stupid at times.

"Look at me!" Rositas yell causes me to peek around the truck and look towards where her voice came from, "look at me!" She yells louder and I see her leaning towards Abraham.

Although, it wasn't long till he started to get up in a threatening way. I, slowly, move my hand to my gun before making my way towards them.

Maggie's quicker than me as I see her take out her gun, click the safety off, and aim at the big man. I don't stop till I'm besides her, my hand still on top of my gun, just in case.