Liar liar

"Uhm,Lori. I don't understand this." I say as I turn the map and tilt my head side ways to get a better look at it. I hear her sigh as if she was annoyed with me

    Like she wasn't the one who gave the child the paper with weird lines on it. Who can read this?

"Yeah I kind of don't either. I marked with a red dot where the farm is, just follow the blue lines and tell me what street we are driving in. " She says , pointing at a sign with a tiny name on it.

Oh okay.

I look up at the sign before looking back at the map for a few minutes before letting out a small gasp.

"I think we are some where between Greenville and... what's that word?" I ask and practically shove the map in her face.

She jerked back before letting out a chuckle.

"Lanna I'm driving." She says before taking the map and setting it a little down on the wheel.

"Right sorry" I say as I turn on my side so I'm facing her

"What word?" She ask looking everywhere but where the word is, I point to where I saw it

"Oh that's ridge-" she begins to say but something on the road catches my attention. Something I didn't see a second ago.

"Lori watch out!" I yell and take the map from her. She gasps and tries to go around the walker but the speed of the car wasn't allowing it.

A tree is the last thing I see in front of me before everything goes black.

"Lana! Wake your lazy ass up!" 

A pair of bones hands shove me off me and mamas bed. I land on the floor with a grunt.

"Wake up... open your pretty eyes baby." The hands are more gentle than the ones that pushed me. I know both were mamas but I let the gentle hands pick my up and carry me. I didn't care where they took me... just as long as they were gentle.

I hear mama open the big window curtains , the ones that weren't cracked, and let the sun lighten the room. That's when my eyes pop open with a mind of their own.

"Todays the big day!" Mama says as she drops a plastic bowl in front of me and then pours me my own cereal and some milk ,that didn't taste like milk.

"Mama, I don't want- -" I tried to tell her that I didn't want to go through this... initiation? I think that's what she said it was. Today we were going to take a swim in the deep pond near our cabin, then I was suppose to take a test.

The test will be if I could hold my breath for as long as mama did when she went through this. Mama's mom did it to her and now it's apparently my turn. Weird.

She shoves the Carsten of milk into the fridge and swings the fridge door closed. I jump in my chair. The chair I sit in every day. It's besides mamas. 

I stayed silent and ate my cereal after that.

I know better.

-

A high pitched scream awoke me. At first, all I could see was pitch black and it took me an awhile to realize that my eyes were closed.

I pried them open to see trees on top of where the road should of been.

"L-Lanna, get up." I hear Lori struggle to say. I blink a few times before I make out the shape of her face , then another face.

I suddenly could hear the growls and clawing sounds of a walker. The same one that I saw before I blacked out.