Short Trip

There was a strange whistling coming from the outside. I don't move and instead freeze up. I am not surprised though when I do.

I don't know why.

There's a tap front the outside and Maggie is flying out the door, along with Carl.

I hear nearing footsteps come inside the building and grab onto my knife tighter. Daryl, it was just Daryl.

The first thing he seems to look at is me, then my hand, lastly my knife. He seems to want to say something,

"They're back." Is all he says before moving out of the door way and standing next to Rosita.

My breath hitches when I see michone enter with a arm around a smiling Carl. He's smiling... with someone.

I don't know why I felt a bang of jealousy.

Why wasn't I smiling? I'm a child like Carl.

Aren't I?

It doesn't matter

A figure of the strange man at the barn flies past me and I feel a metal thing dig into my knee.

I hiss quietly as if I actually felt the pain.

I take the point of my knife out of my knee and inspect the blood. Dark red, almost a maroon, liquid but also slimy.

Is everyone's slimy?

I hear clanking boot and a Ricks walk that tells me it's ricks big feet. I look up at him as he enters the room, in search of something.

He looks down in my direction and speed walks towards me,

"Are you -"

"Fine. I'm fine." I say before he reaches a foot from my spread out shoes. He stops, taking a moment to look down at something before Maggie calls on him.

"We found something, someone." She motions for her head to the closed door. Her eyes switching to me for a second, as if to say who really found him.

It doesn't matter.

His face goes blank. His wrinkles gone and his beard sagging. He vanished into the room with cat like steps. Odd.

After a few moments, Aaron comes out of the room with a lighter features, Rick coming from behind him with hostility.

"Thank you all. For saving him. I owe you. All of you. And I will make sure that debt is paid in full when we get to our community. When we get to Alexandria." He finally reveals the name of his community

I release a noticeable big breath.

I feel everyone's mood lighten the tiniest bit. All except ricks. I keep my eyes on him over Aaron's shoulders.

If he still doesn't go, I won't either.

"Now, I'm not sure about you, but I'd rather not do anymore driving tonight. Uhm, maybe we can hit the road tomorrow morning." Aaron says, everyone seems to nod or at least agree

My brows raise as I still search ricks eyes for denial.

He's so different...

I have to remind myself once in a while from now on, it's exhausting.

"That sounds fine. But if we're staying here for the night, your sleeping over there." Rick points to the other side of the door.

Why? I get the guys know each other but from what I've search, they harmless. At least to all of us.

"You really think we got to do that." Maggie says lightly.

"It's the safe play. We don't know you." Rick tries to explain. I watch Arron's stance. His hands flexing, his legs switching wait a couple of times, his head slightly leaning forwards.