Worry for the wrong person

Shane had come back. But I wouldn't say Shane in particular but nearly a fade of Shane. No one noticed. No one noticed because as soon as Shane had come back, alone, with a bag of the things they needed... everyone rushed towards the passed out Carl in the room

But me, I didn't let my eyes stray away from Shane as he paused near the door before taking long strides towards the bathroom, passing me with out even bowing he had.

I sat with my back against the wall, staring at the bathroom door as the sound of shower water came from the room.

Shane was taking a long shower. I looked down at the fog coming through the crack at the bottom of the door.

Then I heard a buzzing sound. What is he doing?

It wasn't long till the buzzing sound stopped and then there was a tense silence after that not even a knife could cut through. Then I heard the lock to the door click before the door opened.

I stood up and looked up at Shane's eyes, but he didn't look at me. Instead his eyes were glued to a painting above my head.

His head. He's bald. He shaved all his hair off.

Eww.

He was still breathing heavily. His muscle were so tense that it was very noticeable. What worried me the most was the new dark look in his eyes.

It wasn't like the old dark look he has had before he got in the truck to go get the supplies, no, this was a new one.

One that made the hairs on my arms stand up.

I opened my mouth to calm his name but he was already turning around and leaving the bathroom. Not saying a word to me as he strides along the hallway, leaving me along.

At least Carl was okay. Hershel did his best and succeeded in taking out all the bullets from his side. Every thing was fine for a second until I heard Patricia's cries when rick and Hershel told her the news.

Supposably, Otis was covering Shane's back and when Shane turned around Otis was being eaten by walkers. I say supposably because there's this voice at the very back of my head screaming 'liar liar' over and over again.

It was so quite.

"Lanna!" I rolled my eyes at Ricks call for me. He seriously should stop screaming like that after the amount of blood that was taken from him.

I don't move and let rick find his way towards me. When he finds me he wraps an arm around me to pull me to his side

"I was calling you." He said with a slight limp

"Is Shane alright?" I found myself asking him as I tried to put some distance between us but he was practically putting all his wait on me.

"He's just in shock is all. You heard what happened but he'll bounce back. Why do you ask?" He says as we enter the isolated kitchen

"I'm... just asking." I don't know why I couldn't just admit that I was worried for Shane but I couldn't. I didn't want to. Rick shrugs and pours a glass of water and gulps it down then pours another and slides the glass to me.

"I'm not thirsty." I say and push the water towards him, he sighs before taking the cup of water in his hand and drinking it slowly in one go.

"Are you at least tired?" He asks and I shrug my shoulders

"Are you?" I ask him, truth was that I was exhausted but I couldn't go to sleep until Carl woke up and was okay permanently. It sounds stupid but that how it was.