Dark space

I woke up the next day needing to use the restroom, so in the dark I made my way to the toilet and closed the door, before turning on the bright lights as quietly as possible.After doing my business I washed my hands , cringing at the loud squeak the faucet made.

I opened the door of the restroom and expected to see the room pitch black still, but instead found daryl with a scowl on his face as he put on his bots I set besides his cot the other night.

I decided to do the same and put my shoes on before gathering my things and setting them neatly on the couch, just in case.

"Where you get these?" I heard daryl say, before A rattling sound was heard so I knew he was talking about the hang over pills. I turned around with a little smile in hopes of lighting the mood but daryl didn't change his scowl stone face.

"From the medicine cabinet daryl, where else?" I ask sarcastically before turning back around and taking my jacket off, and leaving my big long sleeve on. Shaking my sleepy legs awake as the fabric of my too big pants weighed me down a little.

"When did you get them-"

"When I went to get some water, mom always said 'thank you', maybe you should try it some time-" I stopped myself when I realized I mentioned my mom to someone else for the first time in a while. I straight my back that was still facing him and folded my jacket in a roll and stuffed it in my bag.

"Come on, we're going to miss breakfast." I hear daryl say lowly before the sound of the door opening behind me was heard, I turn around and walk past him

It was no big deal, don't be dramatic.

Waiting for him to walk out and shut the door so we could walk together, I'm guessing he knows where it is because I do not.

"Thank you." Daryl says down to me, before we turn the corner and into i room our group was in already getting ready to leave. Where?

Daryl grabs a plate and shoved some food on it before handing it to me, then getting one for himself . A orange juice bottle for me and he grabbed a coffee.

I watched as he added too much sugar, two fillings of creamer , and two seconds worth of milk, hot coffee. Mom usually took it cold, I did too.

"Can I have a coffee too?" I ask, daryl shakes his head with a sour face and jerks his head to the group that already was out the door.

We walked behind them a couple of feet away at a slow pace , so we could finish the food. Unfortunately, I didn't finish everything that daryl put on my plate. I hate two pancakes with syrup on them with my hand since I couldn't get a knife or fork , some bacon, and grapes. I didn't feel as light as I did before. I slowly held my plate up to daryl with fear that he might be mad that o couldn't finish the test

But, he instead took my left overs , and happily ate them. They were some powdered eggs. I finished my orange juice and threw it in a trash can once we entered a huge room with big screens, daryl threw away his coffee cup.

We reached the rest just in time as Jenner started talking,

"Give me a play back of TS-19." Jenner says into a speaker thing

'Playback of ts-19.' A women voice says , I recognize it to be the one that caMe from the ceiling when we first arrived, greeting us.

Pictures of what I think is a brain pop up with some letters that I don't understand the meaning of, are they even real words?

" few people ever got to see this. Very few." Jenner says, I see from the corner of my eye that Carl stopped next to me and I turned my face to him

"Ask him if that's a bra-brain." I whisper into carls ear, having trouble with saying the word properly.