Mistaken for some one else

I heard the sound of plates being moved down stairs so I hopped down of carls bed and walked down the steps to be met with the sight of all the ladies setting up tables and making stuff that's smelling good right about now.

Except for Andrea, but Andrea is on watch from what I saw walking towards the house earlier.

"Lanna, come help us." I hear Lori say in a light and suggestive tone. I think that's the most she's spoken to me in days. It was like I was in a trance and walked towards her with outstretched arms. She gave me a plate.

"Go set it on the table please." She said, smiling down at me before going back to carol, who was mixing something in a bowl. A smile spreads on my face as I look at loris back before doing as she told me to.

My body flinched when a loud bang rang though the air. Lori was the first one to take of running before everyone else did as well.

I couldn't move. My hands stilled on the chairs handles as I heard the door shut loudly. Andrea probably shot by accident. It's fine it's okay. Besides they wouldn't shoot one walker with a gun, there would have done it quietly , right?

Just as I took a step towards the door, it was opened roughly by Hershel before I saw who was behind him. Both rick and Shane had one of Daryl's arms around their shoulders.

Hershel leading them to a room upstairs. Daryl's feet dragged on the steppe as he loosely curse at No on win particular.

Holy shit.

I break out into a sprint up the stairs and into the room but a arm pushed me back, only letting me see when they set daryl on the bed.

Shane, Shane was the one to push me away and walk past me to t dog and Glenn. Who were at the bottom of the steps with something in hand.

A doll.

It looked like the doll Aliza gave to Sophia. Sophia's doll. But Sophia always held onto that thing with her tightest grip. If daryl found it with out Sophia attached to it then that means that... Sophia is still out there.

I felt my hand twist Aliza's bracelet , that she gave me before she left me, that was on my other wrist. Around and around it went.

Is It weird how we , humans, will forget about something so valuable if we don't see it with our own eyes for a certain amount of time. But then will it be considered a bailable thing?

Yes, this bracelet is a valuable thing.

I feel Shane bump into me again as he walks back into the room and takes a seat on a chair in the corner of the room, hershel starts on daryl stitches and t dog and Glenn stand besides me near the doorway.

They probably don't want me here. They will say, "this is grown up business," but I'm not moving till someone tells me to.

"I found it washed up on a creek. She must of dropped it crossing there somewhere." Daryl says, his back is now facing me as Hershel tends to a wound on his side.

Rick looks back at Shane, who looked frustrated and didn't want to be here, and he says, " cuts the grid almost in half."

Shane doesn't say anything.

"Yeah, your welcome." Daryl blurts out as his eyes don't leave Hershel's hands. His hands now stitching up Daryl's side cut.

Ew.

My breathing seems to pick up a little. Sofias doll, another person getting shot... it seems there will be no break, will there be.

My eyes drop to the floor at a realization I have made today. The adults bickering seemed to fade away as I took in the cracks on the dusty floors.