The Wrong Hesitation

I watch with wide eyes as the small car in front of the r.v drives into a crowd of walkers. My hands planted tightly on the seats as I feel Abraham roughly turning us around, driving off.

"We're leaving them?" My voice comes out distant and muffled to my ears, I feel a hand plant itself on my shoulder,

"No. But we can't do anything until we get somewhere safe." Maggie's voice says from behind me. I bring a hand up and swoosh her hand away.

Safe?

I tear my eyes away from the dark road that was illuminated by the lights of the r.v. Looking at Abraham's face as his eyes switch from the road to the trees surrounding us.

Please, don't leave them. I chant to him in my head. Why bother saying it out loud when I know it will be ignored, by them.

Just then, there is a airy swooshing coming from the outside. I lean forwards as the vehicle comes to a abrupt stop.

A bright, sparkly orange light lights the dim sky. The light looked familiar, so similar to the one that I used when -

"Follow it. They may have fired it, it could be them." Daryl's gruff voice speaks from behind me. Abraham stiffly nods before his arms and hands are moving against the shell again with quickness.

-

We steadily drive through a dimly lit street with rows of tall buildings besides it.

It was completely isolated which didn't set well with me. It was isolated , at least I thought. That was until a saw a shadow covered by the building stiffly limping.

The shadow not to sly to avoid us. It started limping faster as we got closer. My breathing picks up at the thought of a walkers legs being able to go that fast.

They're usually slow. Slow enough to out walk...

Abraham speeds up the slightest.

"What are you doing?" Rosita asks, irritated by the situation. I feel her shift from the passenger seat next to me.

"Running it over." Abraham simply say, his nuckles almost turning white as he pushes his foot deeper into the paddles.

I see no problem. It'll get the job done.

"Please, stop!" The walker yells but Abraham doesn't stop- ... the walker yells... walkers don't do anything but drool?

The r.v jolts to a stop and I'm sent flying forwards. A arm pulling me back with them by the arm. They sink my body to their side.

There's a tense pause. The feeling of urgency coming to stay as I lean forwards the slightest to see what was limping in front of the r.v

A spark of orange red comes into the lights of the front vehicle. Then, a face. A pale freckles face. I search his eyes first.

They held panic and hurt.

I switch to his hands as he raises them in surrender. They held nothing, but a red rash.

"Please-I'm with Aaron!" He yells out, just after the familiar sound of rasping tuns in.

Walkers.

I watch as at least a dozen stumbling onto the street in front of us. The man in front hitting the r.vs engine in panic.

"Please-please! Let me in! I'm with Aaron!" He looks with wide eyes from the walkers to us. I look around.

Abraham looking like he's about to run him down the road. Rosita staying out, waiting for someone to do something. Daryl switching his eyes from the walkers to the guy-