A Shift in Perspective

Alaia Skyhawk: I had a lot of fun with this one. You'll understand why when you read it. All these fun and epic chapters are also why I'm seriously on a roll today. TRIPLE UPDATE! :)

Disclaimer: I don't own Rise of the Guardians, the Guardians of Childhood, or any related characters etc. This story is written purely for entertainment purposes.

And a shout-out to VanRah on Deviantart, for letting me use their awesome picture of Jack Frost as the new cover for this story! Seriously, go check out their page!

~(-)~

Chapter 33: A Shift in Perspective

If anyone had said that the Sandman would be sneaking into Santa's workshop through the library window, most would say it was a very silly thing to think. If anyone had told the Sandman himself that he would be sneaking into Santa's workshop through the library window, then before this moment he'd have thought he'd given them a very strange dream at some point in their life.

But of course, his view on things had just taken a very sudden turn, and he was sneaking in via the aforementioned window.

Sandy set down within the room, quickly closing the window lest the wind blow any snow inside. He then proceeded to creep across the rather large room, taking each step with exaggerated care, until he reached the pedestal that the book he carried belonged on.

The pedestal was large, wooden, and had the same ornate decorations on the edges that the Tome of the Guardians did. There was a velvet cover there as well, with the same decorations, that was draped over whatever book Jack had used to disguise the fact the Tome was gone.

Sandy lifted away the cover, revealing 'Five-hundred and twelve ways to make a doll - The complete guide.' It was fairly clear to state that North had a lot of toy-making books in his library, and this one was easily the same size and thickness as the Tome no matter how strange a substitute it was.

He swapped the books over and replaced the cover, before spotting the obvious gap between books on a nearby shelf. He had barely finished putting the doll book where it belonged, when the library door's handle turned and it started to open.

In the blink of an eye Sandy dropped to the floor, curled up on a small cloud of dreamsand, feigning sleep. He'd taken naps in stranger places than North's library in the past, so he knew the ruse would work even if it was odd that he'd entered the workshop via a window and not the front door.

The visitor is a yeti, who paused in surprise before backing out again. But Sandy didn't move. He knew that the yeti would be bringing North to the library within a few minutes.

Sure enough the door opened again after a short while, and North regarded his fellow Guardian with surprise before walking over to him.

"Sandy!" He nudged the little golden man, until Sandy opened his eyes sleepily as if having just woken up. "Why did you not say you visiting? It's been long time since you visit when it not annual meeting."

Sandy yawned and waved in the direction of the workshop, before conjuring an image of a sleigh pulled by reindeer. It was, after all, very close to Christmas.

North fell for the excuse without any trouble at all, what with it being all too easy to lie when your 'language' was a permanent guessing game, and the toymaker interpreted it as he'd hoped.

"Ah, you wanted to visit, but were going to wait until I'd come back from delivering gifts before you come out of here." North frowned, thoughtful. "Hmmm, perhaps you like to ride with me this year? Spread dreams while I leave gifts?"

Sandy blinked up at him, that idea not having come to mind. It sounded... fun. He then smiled and nodded eagerly, and North swept him up into a one-armed hug as the Guardian of Wonder tended to do. North then carried Sandy from the room.