Ceremony and Siblings

Alaia Skyhawk: Prepare for a surprise :)

Disclaimer: I don't own Rise of the Guardians, the Guardians of Childhood, or any related characters etc. This story is written purely for entertainment purposes.

~(-)~

Chapter 119: Ceremony and Siblings

"Aww come on, seriously? I have to wear this?"

"Don't whine, Jack. This is a special occasion, and you're not just any ordinary immortal either. You're directly related to Tsar Solus, founder of the brand new Constellation that will be helping to teach the local ones how to create immortals today."

Bunny let out a resigned sigh, while the Guardian of Fun continued to stare at him in displeasure. They were in Bunny's room, where Pooka had ditched his bandoleer and such for today in favour of the traditional formal attire of his people. Which if it were to be described in human terms, was a Grecian robe and a golden belt, with elaborate golden bands also worn around the upper arms.

In place of the Pooka Brotherhood insignia, which would normally have been on a chain around his neck, Bunny had transferred his Guardian insignia buckle from his bandoleer to his belt. Against the green of his robe, which was the same shade as his casual 'hanging out in the Warren' ones from back home, and the gold of the belt, the silver stood out proudly.

Jack, on the other hand, had just been told he couldn't wear any of his current clothing to the ceremony.

The Spirit of Winter huffed in annoyance, glancing between the proposed outfit laid out, and his fellow immortal.

"If the hoodie is no good, they could have just sent a plain shirt."

Bunny heaved another sigh, gesturing pointedly.

"And those trousers of yours are no good either! Yes, I know, they're your usual and have been a part of your 'look' ever since you became an immortal. But this is a big formal occasion, and you're representing both the Earth and your nephew at this. Do you want to stand beside Jamie, in his fancy robes, looking like a total scruff by comparison?"

That gave Jack pause, as the Spirit of Winter winced. He then turned his head slowly to regard the outfit again. It was 'typical' Golden Age formal-wear, all swirls and fancy patterns. It was done in the same gold, red, and orange with white detailing that were Jamie's official colours, and consisted of a pair of fitted trousers with lacing to bind them to the lower leg, no doubt suggested by Jamie, and of a tailored short jacket with matching cream-coloured shirt. To finish it off there was a cream neckerchief, somewhat like Sandy's, upon which he could fasten his Guardian insignia.

Downside was, to get the new trousers on...

"I'd have to take my normal trousers off. I'll never get those ones on over the top."

Bunny gave him a confused look.

"What's the problem? You've worn other clothes before."

Jack grimaced.

"Yeah... Over the top of my usual trousers."

The Pooka's expression became startled.

"Are you saying that in over three-hundred years, you have never taken those things off?"

"That's about the size of it." Jack now noted Bunny's slightly disgusted stare. "Hey, don't look at me like that! My power keeps them almost totally frozen all the time, protects them from damage and dirt as well, and I don't sweat or anything like that. Nothing sticks to them, so why would I go to the hassle of taking them off to wash them if I didn't need to? It's not like immortals need to 'go to the bathroom' either. I've never had a reason to take them off."