Rise of the Guardians 'Part 1'

Alaia Skyhawk: Well now... it's here!

Those of you who have been reading my Merlin stuff, will be familiar with the format I've switched to here with naming the chapters as 'parts', and that it itself gives a clue as to how the film will be handled. Just like how I re-wrote Merlin seasons 3, 4, & 5, keeping the key events of the episodes the same while at the same time adding or removing things, or changing the context, I will be doing the same thing with ROTG.

The difference being? In Merlin, the alterations came about because Arthur knew about Merlin's magic. In this, they come about from Jack remembering his past and already being a Guardian... Time to see how much detail I can get out of and add to the film, and how much context I can twist! :D

Disclaimer: I don't own Rise of the Guardians, the Guardians of Childhood, or any related characters etc. This story is written purely for entertainment purposes.

~(-)~

Chapter 53: Rise of the Guardians ~Part 1~

Snow still lingered on the ground in the village, while a little more dusted down over the branches of Big Root from above. One final snowfall for the area, to end off Northern Winter, for this region of Siberia was due a slightly early spring, even if other parts of the north were going to be less fortunate.

Of course, Jack considered those other places to actually be rather fortunate, because longer winter meant more snowballs and fun times for the children... even if their parents were far less pleased.

But here for now, the hour was late and the children of Santoff Clausen were in bed. Only Ombric was still awake, and stood in the doorway of his home as Jack glided up into the air.

The Spirit of Winter glanced back at him, grinning.

"I'll bring Jamie and Sophie over to visit after the egg hunt in Burgess is finished. They'll want to show you the eggs again, or at least Sophie will really want to show the eggs." He laughed. "Jamie, hands down, likes winter way more than his sister, but Sophie definitely lives up to her near-spring birthday. Right now, she's completely obsessed with the Easter Bunny."

Ombric chuckled, pulling his dressing gown a little tighter around him to ward off the night-time chill.

"I shall endeavour to get Aster to visit the village, once his Easter Sunday work is done. I can't make any promises, but I shall try. It has been a number of years now since any of the Guardians except Sandy and-" he paused meaningfully. "It's been a while since any of the others have visited. They all seem so absorbed in their work these days, that by the time they remember an invite it's already past the time. Thus they simply make excuses about being too busy, and do not come."

Jack sighed at that, and shrugged.

"Then I guess I won't tell Sophie she might get to see him. It's better not to get her hopes up, and instead hope that you can surprise her. I'll bring her and Jamie here about mid-morning your time."

"I'll look forward to seeing you then."

Jack flew off, shaking his head to himself as he headed for St Petersberg, which was due a sudden cold-snap tonight that the weather didn't seem inclined to do on its own. One of these days, once he was openly a Guardian, he was going to make sure the others got out and saw children more often. Or at the very least, get them to visit Santoff Clausen. They'd left Ombric and Katherine almost completely by the wayside for over two centuries, without even realising how long it had been.

Jack sighed and continued his flight, passing the edge of night and into the region presently lit by dusk. The same time-zone where, far to the north, work was being wound down for the end of the day in all but one room. There in the vast workshop and village that was home to Nicholas St North, his elves, and the yetis who helped him...