♡ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗫𝗧𝗬-𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡 ♡

♡ 𝙩𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 ♡𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 sixty-seven

♡ 𝙩𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 sixty-seven

one last time.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE."

Elijah Mikaelson's eyebrows rose as quickly as he did, his arm slithering around the chair to lean that much closer to his doppelganger's face.

"I know a few teenagers who have hair growing out of their cheeks every full moon. I'm not really keeping track of what's possible anymore." James paused for a moment while taking in his mirrored features on the man before him. "I don't care if you believe me or not, because you will.. eventually. You can meet her, you can meet all of them-"

James found himself rambling. Something he usually did whenever he was nervous. He was used to being around man-wolves and man-eaters, but the mere mention of age-old vampires made his mortality coil.

Klaus stepped forward with a worrisome glint in his eye. His shoulders rolled back into his spine and lips folded into a sly grin. "Who's gonna tell this sorry sack of meat that we don't grant wishes?" The glass of bourbon clicked against his teeth. "Out."

James wriggled in the ropes and felt the vampire's stare burn into his skin like scorching sunlight. "Look, just.. just hear me out." 

Thump. 

Klaus turned away, flicking his wrist to Rebekah who soured at the sight of it. Elijah, however, knitted both eyebrows and opened his mouth to speak. "Klaus, maybe we should-"

"He's a bore, brother." The Hybrid took another sip as James wiggled away from Rebekah's rough handling. "He either leaves now or later in a body bag."

Thump, thump.

James felt the world shake around him. They weren't listening. Why weren't they listening? His heartbeat echoed loudly in his ears and his skull began to feel far too stuffy for his brain.

He watched the brothers turn away from him and feel his presence become less significant by the second.  His words drowned out into the background while the heartbeat became louder. The voice in his head begging to be heard. 

Thump, thump, thump. 

"Don't you have a kid?" He watched them both stiffen. A shift in emotion flashed before Elijah's eyes. Perhaps it was a flicker of sympathy. Empathy. Envy, even. "Someone you'd do anything for?"