♡ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗫𝗧𝗬-𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧 ♡

♡ 𝙩𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 ♡𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 sixty-eight

♡ 𝙩𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 ♡
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 sixty-eight

delicate.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

WAVES OF STATIC AND BILLOWS HUNG HEAVY OVER BEACON HILLS, EACH BLINK OF LIGHTNING BLINDING THE EYE OF THE SUPERMOON THAT STARED DOWN ON THE TOWN, ALL-SEEING AND ALL-KNOWING. 

None could hide from it. None could run from it. It soaked through every crevice and brought goosebumps to each exposed slither of skin. For a singular, perhaps even millisecond, the vicious whirls of wind came to a halt - as the entire town itself had begun to hold its breath. 

As ringed fingers cradled the steering wheel and eyes scoured anywhere but mirrors, the Mikaleson held a breath of his own. A strong one. One that birthed an aching into his forever still heart.

His eyes met the empty roads and streetlamps that curled over into ominous spotlights. Shadows scuttled beneath them, men adorned with tubes connecting from mouths to shoulders and metal rings positioned for one too many eyes kept their icy stare. 

Elijah felt his hands drape across the handles and eyebrows fall to a soft furrow. Veins clogged up with an inky black liquid his soft skin couldn't suppress. Teeth chewed at his bottom lips and the Mikaelson swore they saw him too. A twisted hunger for something he, as old as time itself, did not recognize.

"Elijah."

Everything became white noise. Tipping in and out of light, he barely saw the layers of steampunk masks inch forward.

"Elijah!"

The vampire blinked rapidly, shoulders bunched up and a disgruntled look directed towards his doppel. "Can I call you Eli?" James rambled, shimmying the puffer jacket from his shoulders. "Elijah just sounds so... old."

Scrunching up his sight, Elijah tore his eyes away and faced the human. "No," he stated, his tone firm and final. 

He paid little attention to the man beside him as his gaze crawled back to the streetlights. Although, no eyes bothered to stare back. No bodies bunched up underneath the beams of light. Just a tired vampire glaring at empty streets. 

James noticed it, although, he decided not to pry. He bowed his head and crinkled the cigarette ash underneath his feet before he spoke again.

As all in all, he needed nothing from Elijah but a party trick and a promise. "You need to put this on." he pulled the cap from his scuffled hair and tossed it towards his twin - who himself, coiled to his bone.