Volume 1 - The Inception| 1: Meeting the protagonist.

I don't know how to explain this bizarre situation, but I am not myself right now. What I mean is, this body doesn't belong to me, but I think now it does?

I am not quite sure, but when I woke up this morning, I found myself in a strange room, unfamiliar bed, strangers I have never met, and a body that wasn't mine.

The strangers wore a maid outfit, and these people were calling me by the name Nasrin Urduja.

This name reminded me of the novel I read before coming into this place. In that novel, Nasrin Urduja was the name of the villain, and her only ending in the book was death.

It's strange, and I don't know how it all happened, but right now, I am Nasrin Urduja, the villain of the novel I had read before waking up in an unfamiliar world.

At the current moment, I am inside a luxurious carriage, staring outside the window.

The rising sun painted the sky in yellow, red, orange, purple, and blue. The loud chirping of the birds resounded to my ears, while the rustling trees dance and swayed from the gentle breeze. The weather was serene, but seeing a dark cloud slowly advancing covering the sky made me feel otherwise.

The lingering scent of the wet soil reached my nostrils as it rained, dropping liquids from the cloud, soaking the dry surface of the grassland. The loud boom of thunder blared across the vast gloomy atmosphere, thundering frighteningly in my ears.

The weather almost seem like a herald signalling that something was about to happen. My heart thump vigorously as if matching the mood today.

"Lady Nasrin, this maid noticed that the lady looked pale, perhaps the lady isn't feeling well?"

As I heard a humble voice next to mine, I turned my head to the maid sitting beside me. She had purple wavy hair tied in a neat bun; her almond skin was glowing under the dim light of the sun; her messy eyebrows were pulled up together, pursing her thin pale lips as her face showed deep concern.

"I'm fine, Lory, don't worry too much," I smiled awkwardly, trying hard to look calm and happy, but as the carriage slowly moved forward; it only made me feel like I was slowly being delivered to my death.

Lory stared at me for a long while as her inner brows crossed upward even more. "Lady Nasrin, this maid has been with the lady ever since childhood, and it may be presumptuous of this maid to say this, however, this maid noticed that the lady was acting strange ever since this morning...?"

Hearing the slight tone of doubt in Lory's voice, I inwardly became anxious, feeling my stomach churn as I gulp hard, but I tried to remain stoic on the surface. I don't know what actions or words I said that led to her suspicions, oh wait, I never acted the way the usual Nasrin does.

In the novel, Nasrin Urduja acted arrogant, narcissistic, self-entitled, and selfish. Perhaps it was the reason why Lory became suspicious?

I look back at Lory; her violet eyes stare intensely at me making me more nervous, I swallowed once more, waiting for her to continue.

Her thin lips opened as she worriedly questioned. "Is the lady nervous because Sir Lukas isn't here to accompany the lady?"

I heaved a sigh of relief as silent as I could, and for a second there, I thought that Lory already noticed that the original Nasrin Urduja wasn't inside her body anymore. Well, I don't know what happened to this body's original soul, and I don't even know why or how I ended up here, but right now I am Nasrin Urduja herself.

I calmed my rampaging heart first, then I smiled comfortingly at Lory. "I'm fine, just a little nervous since this is my first time going to the academy."