Volume 1 - The Inception| 12: Small world.

After the matter for my employment was completed, Penelope raised the idea to Alexandra that she would tour me around the academy, but the red haired woman doesn't seem to like the suggestion; Alexandra refused and said that she should be the one to tour me since I'm now her personal assistant.

"Alexandra, like I said, Nasrin and I still have a lot of catching up to do, so I'll tour her around the academy in your stead," Penelope said as she narrowed her eyes at me.

Alexandra plastered a business smile on her face and said, "well, Penelope, you can continue your discussion on another day, Nasrin is now my official gui...personal assistant, so naturally, she should come with me, right lass?"

I look at the two of them back and forth as I am unable to choose who to go with. They're both equally dangerous. Both have other intentions.

I gaze at Alexandra who stares at me expectantly. After signing the contract, Alexandra is finally presenting her true colours in the open. Her face displayed an evil grin; Alexandra is just probably demanding to tour me, so she could smoothly abduct me to her laboratory, and I'm not ready for that torture yet.

So I turned to look at Penelope. The damn woman was giving me the usual squinted eyes. Probably still highly suspicious of me, and she also probably haven't given up on making me her slave. Which means she's also a no.

I glance at Alexandra again. Then I turn to Penelope and then my eyes glance at the red haired woman once more. It continued like that for a few more times before I finally settled my eyes on Alexandra's naturally evil face.

I kinda had doubts deep in my heart that this professor is bad news. However, from the moment I met Penelope, Alexandra suddenly became kind in my eyes.

Despite having a twisted mind, the red haired woman is undoubtedly more easy to talk to than Penelope, and additionally, she at least didn't use brute force to make me accept that shady deal. I voluntarily accepted that deal for my own reasons.

After a while of looking back and forth at the two, I finally decided on who to go with.

I plastered a smile towards Penelope who smirked when she saw my gaze went to her. I suddenly had the urge to roll my eyes but decided not to. Instead, I ceremoniously said, "Dean master, it was nice meeting you, and I am honoured that you suggested the idea to personally tour me around the academy, but..."

I then turned my gaze to the red haired woman who was giving me a choose me look. I plastered a smile at Alexandra and she grinned back expectantly.

"But Professor AC is my employer and I'm her assistant, so..." I trailed as I looked at the two who both seated at the sofa together.

Penelope is as usual squinting her eyes at me. While Alexandra is looking at me with expectations.

"So since both of you insisted on giving me a tour, I figured...why don't the three of us travel together instead?" I finished with a bright smile.

I haven't forgotten my role yet. I have to play the matchmaker for these two, and what's more, I need to watch them both for different reasons.

Seeing that there's an opportunity to play the role of a matchmaker, I decided to go along with the flow. Not to mention that I could maybe sneakily escape, right?

Penelope seemed enlightened with what I said as she quickly turned to look at the red haired woman beside her. "I agree with Nasrin, the three of us should go together, Alex," she said. Her red bloody lips curved to a smile.

Alexandra, on the other hand, seemed to not like the idea as she knitted her brows and frowned. "Err...that I think is not..."

At first, I had no idea why Alexandra was so scared and tense around Penelope, but then I recalled how that crazy woman threatened me with a dagger and wounded my throat on my neck, and instantly, it made me understand why.