Volume 2 - The Beginning of the End| 55: Collision.

After hearing no sound of footsteps anymore; I cautiously peek my head out, turning my head left and right. Seeing no one and only an empty hallway, my tense heart relaxed as I sighed in relief. 

Now, I only need to concentrate on controlling this white blade, then I can go and meet that bloody woman again. 

I stared at the obedient white blade, and slowly, I released my grip from restraining it. After letting go, I found that it's not moving at all. My brows creased as I raised my right wrist, lifting the white blade in front of me as if it was my own hand, and it moves according to how I want it. 

I feel a little sceptical, so I strike and slash it in the air, and it is indeed moving to how I will it. I knitted my brows, feeling puzzled since I thought I would have a hard time controlling the white blade.

But seeing that I can control it, I shrug as I decide to brush off the confusion in my heart. With the white blade under my control, I went out of hiding and started to walk to where that bloody woman was.

I stride out on the hallway confidently as I started to strategize how to negotiate with Alexandra's aunt. Wait, speaking of that bloody woman, how do I find her?

My brows furrowed as my footsteps slowed down. I roamed my eyes on the hallway as I tilted my head, standing with visible perplexity on my face. Like a flash of light, my eyes widen as I realise something. I pinch the bridge of my nose as I let out a small sigh. 

"Haaah, dumbass…" I blurted in a faint voice, scolding myself.

Now that I think about it, I actually don't know how to find that person; nor do I know where I'm currently at. With another deep deprecating sigh, I sauntered back to where I hid myself earlier, sitting down on the cold floor as I pondered to myself. I closed my eyes as I tried to visualise the locations I had been earlier, then I laid out a map in my head.

The moment I woke up, I found myself inside a room, and if I'm not mistaken that room should be located on the fourth floor. Outside that room, there is another room which should be the parlour or the sitting area, and outside that parlour room is the hallway. 

The hallway has three paths: the left leads to the lower stairs, the right leads to the upper stairs, and the straight path that leads to another corner. 

Recalling where Joan led me earlier, I'm confident that we turn left and walk down the stairs. And down the stairs, there are about three floors that Joan and I passed as we went down straight to the underground floor. 

Afterwards, I met Saint Agatha, Pula, and Alexandra.

So after I discovered that they gave up on Pula's life, I decided to look for that blood woman that I don't want to see.

My brows weaved together as I kept my eyes close recalling these memories. Now that I'm a little more sober. My action of walking out from the underground floor is an impulsive decision. 

I couldn't accept that Pula only has a little time left, and that led me to think of that bloody woman. Not to fight but to negotiate. 

Still, that was reckless considering how it seems that no one still knows my real identity as a noble. Which means, I might end up being captured once more if anyone sees me. I bit my lower lip, feeling anxious because I know what might happen if I ever showed myself in front of the guards again.

So, I am well aware of how rash my decision is, however, I would still risk it since Saint Agatha seems to have already given up on Pula's life. I'm just a little thankful to my luck that no one saw me till now. Even if I don't know what will happen between me and that bloody woman once we meet again, I would still risk negotiating for Pula's sake.