Volume 1 - The Inception| 50: Announcement and fluttering letter.

"Settle down class, I have an announcement to make!"

The students stared at Professor Frank, waiting for her to continue.

"I have two good news and one bad news, which one do you prefer to hear first?"

"The bad news!"

The students responded, while some just waited in silence.

"Alright, then let's start with the good news first!" Professor Frank said, grinning as she showed her braces on display.

"We said we want to hear the bad news first…" 

The students mumbled in a faint voice, complaining and whining in murmuring tones. While others just stayed quiet as they didn't care.

Ignoring the complaining students, Professor Frank remained smiling as she continued. "The good news is that the dean master assigned me as the student's advisor of this class, what does everyone think? It's indeed good news, right?" She then started cackling to herself through her smiling grin. "Hihihihihi…"

Students started clapping with a wry smile, and while some looked uninterested. Only one student looks genuinely happy and that is Gabriela. 

Probably noticing the atmosphere in the air; Professor Frank stopped laughing immediately as she cleared her throat. "Anyway, the second good news is that the academy always prepares a welcoming festival every year for all freshmen, sounds fun, right?" 

The students didn't respond, and only Gabriela nodded her head adamantly as if saying that she agrees. 

Professor Frank cleared her throat again as she added. "Well, here is the bad news, every year, there is a tournament for all freshmen that every new student is required to join, and the bad news is that only those at the top 200 out of the 700 students are going to be able to make it to the next stage...what I mean is; the rest who can't make it in the standard ranks will be expelled from the academy."

Students widen their eyes from the news. But others look bored as they yawn to themselves. Some are just uninterested. While the remaining several look ecstatic.

"Oh right! In addition…if anyone fails to join this tournament then they will be automatically disqualified and expelled as well," Professor Frank said as she added shortly.

Someone from the back row raised his hand, attracting Professor Frank's attention. "What is it, Leon?" 

The blue haired boy Leon stood up and said, "Professor Frank, when is this competition going to be held? Will we have enough time to prepare? And what are the requirements and mechanics of this tournament?"

Professor Frank's grin deepened hearing this. "You got good questions there, boy," she said, pointing at Leon. 

Leon sat down again as he waited for Professor Frank to answer. Some of the other students also stared at Professor Frank in a curious and expectant gaze. 

"Well, about the first and second question, the tournament will start next year before a new batch of freshmen arrive, enrolling in summer, which means, everyone will be able to prepare in advance," Professor Frank explained.

At this explanation, some students release a sigh of relief, easing the tension building up in the room. Other students grin more excitedly. The remaining ones are just not into it.

"As for the requirements or mechanics, well unfortunately, this information can't be disclosed yet," Professor Frank said with a helpless smile; her inner eyebrows cross up together, looking at everyone in the lecture hall.

"How about the festival, when will it be held?" The spiky red haired boy named Axel asked, raising his hand.

Professor Frank grinned again, fixing her glasses with her middle finger. "The festival will start in four weeks from now, and it will be held for a whole week. During that time, related family or friends of the students are welcomed to enter the academy during the first day of the festival, so everyone can invite your friends or family to come and visit."