Volume 1 - The Inception| 36: It's not a hindrance.

"Where is the Adarna bird?" Alexandra asked, looking around.

"She just left," I said, watching the red haired woman search around for the Adarna bird.

"What a shame, I was thinking of asking her if she could stay for a while as a guine…guest," Alexandra said, taking a chair as she sat beside me. 

I shook my head at her, clicking my tongue.  

Alexandra cleared her throat then said, "by the way, I forgot to tell you this but," she paused.

Alexandra's dark eyes glanced at me, then her brows furrowed together as she continued, "while you were unconscious, I took some blood sample on your uniform, so I could find another way to help you instead of finding a light attribute user."

I nodded and then said, "and did you discover anything?"

Alexandra's knitted brows deepened. "I discovered that there's poison on your body, the dark mana in your body is fighting this poison even at this moment, I think…"

"Poison?" I said as my brows knitted. 

Alexandra nodded. "Yes, and I found out that this poison is a high grade poison that could kill anyone in a matter of minutes. Anyone who ingest or inhale this poison would die feeling like their heart is being ripped out of their chest, and also..."

"And also?" I urged.

"This poison is odourless and tasteless, and it wouldn't make anyone notice until they have already ingested or inhaled it, what's more, it doesn't leave a trace except if that someone doesn't have dark mana in their body, because dark mana can make the body immune to poison," Alexandra explained. 

My heart drums loudly in my chest, thumping hard as I feel anxious in my heart. I gulped then I took a deep breath, calming my heart rate down. "So are you saying that someone poisoned me?" I asked.

Alexandra's brows pulled up together in concern as she looked at me and nodded. 

"I see…" I said as I fell in a trance, looking at nothing in particular. 

'Who would do this?' I asked in my head as I tried to remember everything from the moment I arrived in this world. 

As far as I know, I have not done anything that would make anyone want to kill me. 

"Right, one more thing lass, this poison has been flowing in your blood for the past four weeks or so," Alexandra said. "Not quite sure."

Past few weeks, huh.

I glance at Alexandra. "Can you tell me the date today, professor?"

"Today is June 15th of the year 1658," Alexandra said. "Two days before the class starts."

I nodded, then I continued, "how long have I been out?"

The red haired woman then grabbed her chin as she pondered. "You've been unconscious for one day, one night," she answered.

That's almost two days. I'm unconscious for more than 24 hours.

My brows furrowed as I contemplated.

As far as I recall, I arrived at this academy on May 15, 1658. It was the same day I transmigrated in this world. The same day I met Kendra, Professor, Penelope, and Cliopatra. May 16 was the date I met Emilia and Pula; it's also the day I started training. 

For 28 days, I did nothing but train, which is equal to four weeks. In other words, from May 16 to June 13; it was nothing but training. 

However, it was June 13 that I met the Adarna bird and that crazy Lilith Salvador. It was midnight of June 13th that I almost died.