Volume 2 - The Beginning of the End| 54: A strange blade appeared.

'I need a sword,' I said in my head as I walked inside this mansion. 

My eyes roam everywhere as I search for any pointed steel that I could use. Because If I'm going to face those two once more, then I need to bring a weapon. Just in case something happens once I approach and talk to those two again. 

Especially knowing that the people in this city won't listen to anything I say for some reason, so if I'm going to meet Alexandra's aunt again, then I need to appear strong. Like what Sun Tzu said; 'appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.' Perhaps the reason why they don't want to listen to me is because I appear like I'm easy to bully, so this time I'll approach that bloody woman once more, appearing indestructible.

In addition, I can't seem to hear any ringing in my ears no matter how much I concentrate. I don't know why but I can't hear or feel mana. I suspect that this has something to do with those arrows; those sharp objects that were sent flying piercing my flesh behind my body during that battle in the Dregs Arena.

Anyway, there's a reason why I need to talk to Alexandra's aunt. Even though I don't want to see the face of that person, I have no choice but to speak to the bloody woman again. 

Because I don't trust what Saint Agatha said to me, and I don't want to believe her. Even if she seems to be telling the truth, I refuse to give up on Pula's life, so I have to find another way. They might have given up on Pula's life but I haven't. 

I won't give up just like that. I need to find a way to help Pula, and that's why I need to gather information. The best way to gather intel is to talk to that bloody woman. 

However, if I'm going to negotiate to Alexandra's aunt, I need to appear more savage than her, and also, I need to be prepared in case a fight breaks out between us again. 

That's why I need a pointed blade first before making contact with that bloody woman. I need a razor edge tool. Anything that is sharp. As long as it would pierce to the skin then it can be used. Even if it is just a rusty sword or weapon then I'll go for it rather than going empty handed. 

Yet, it seems this mansion lacks such things. 

My brows creased as I walked to the pathway. I only see paintings framed decoratively to the walls. Golden sculptured statues displayed on the side of the long path with red carpet on the floor. 

Now that I notice it, this mansion looks even more extravagant than in the academy. Not to mention that some statues are made of gold or silver, and all of those statues are modelled by that blood woman's face and figure. In addition to all these luxurious things; every path, corridor, and passage has a chandelier on the ceiling.

Everywhere I go, I see each place being heavily decorated with shiny expensive things, and seeing that person's face on the painting and on those statues, it made me want to destroy everything in this mansion. 

Just recalling a bit of memories of what happened in the arena is enough to make my blood boil in madness. Feeling my blood surging up in my head, I kick the gold statue near me out of anger. I grimaced, wincing as I felt the pain backfiring at my left foot. 

I crouch, holding my left leg near me as if that would alleviate the pain. While limping with my right leg, I heard footsteps on the corner, and feeling panic in my heart, I hurriedly hid behind the edge of the wall. 

I peek my head a little, checking who it was. After all, it would be my first time meeting other people after Joan and Saint Agatha. When the seven foot tall woman led me out of the room, we didn't meet anyone on the way. Thinking about it now, that seems weird. Especially with how many expensive things this place has in store.