Volume 1 - The Inception| 16: Not my friend!

On the 16th day, under the glow of the early dawn of the summer month of May; the next light after the twenty-four hour period of the registration; Kendra and Faye head to the Department of Information and Security.

The duo walk side by side with their arms hooked together, wearing similar uniforms with other students wandering randomly in the campus. The uniforms in Mystic Academy are all the same no matter the gender; this is in order to encourage students to treat each other equally.

A red coat and white shirt with buttons in the front, dark pants with laces, leather belt, brown boots reaching just below the knees. No matter who or what background a student has; they all need to wear the same uniforms as others inside the academy.

At the moment the duo set foot into the building, the brunette haired girl turned to Kendra with an inquiring gaze. "By the way, you haven't told me who we are looking for, you know, the name of your mysterious friend that you're searching all this time?" Faye said, brimming with curiosity.

Kendra casted a glance to her side and saw the curious light green eyes on the other party. Yesterday, Kendra didn't explain much about the situation to Faye, and the brunette girl must have misunderstood Kendra's intentions of finding Nasrin's whereabouts.

So Kendra then opened her lips to explain. "Actually, that person isn't my friend, Faye...she's just someone I met yesterday on the registration lane," Kendra replied, explaining each word slowly.

Faye furrowed her brows in confusion. "Then why are you looking for her?"

"To return the favor I received," Kendra said simply. Like there's no other meaning behind it, but the raised lips in Kendra's face tells otherwise.

On the other hand, Faye seemed to have become enlightened; she nodded her head trying to suppress her lips from forming into a knowing smile. "I see, I see," Faye mumbled.

Kendra frowned because it doesn't seem Faye understood. Faye had an enthusiastic expression on her face as if asking for gossip. "Really?" Kendra probed.

"Yes, of course I understand," Faye hurriedly said in a defensive tone.

Kendra falls into contemplation; she needs to prevent Faye from getting the wrong idea. Kendra can't allow the brunette haired girl to become involved with her affairs again. Kendra refused to let those agonising memories happen twice.

Her perfectly shaped eyebrows knitted together, squinting the lids of her eyes as she peered those solemn ocean blue at the brunette haired girl. "Faye, she isn't my friend, that person is not my friend, do you understand?" Kendra repeated in a very serious tone; in order to make the other party understand that she is not kidding.

Faye didn't seem to mind Kendra's sombre expression; her face still bloomed with springs and flowers under those winter chilling gaze of Kendra, smiling brightly regardless of Kendra's stern aura.

"Don't worry, my friend, I really do understand," Faye said with a meaningful smile, then she giggled to herself; like she just remembered something really funny.

Kendra can't comprehend her friend's expression. Faye had this appearance that seemed to understand yet not understand her meaning.

"Anyway, are you sure she told you her real name?" Faye asked suddenly; her tone is full of inquiries as if fishing for ambiguous gossip.

Kendra nodded warily, becoming even more dubious of Faye's funny intonation. "Yes, I'm sure, so don't think too much about it, and don't assume that she's my friend because she's not, do you understand me, Faye?"

Faye's mysterious smile deepened. "Of course," Faye said as she walked backwards, facing Kendra as she sauntered her legs in reverse. "I really really do understand, my friend."