Volume 3 - The Affairs of the Protagonist| 75: Nothing hurts more like love.

Under the dreadingly gloomy rays of the dim blue sky, a lonely looking castle somewhere in the capital of the Maple Kingdom and inside the spacious master bedroom, where all sorts of luxury can be found inside. Kendra stood in front of the window, gazing her deep blue eyes melancholically at the silent and empty vicinity of the castle.

Suddenly, the door in the room creaks open, Kendra turns to see the familiar tall straight figure of Cliopatra; her wife. Behind her wife is a group of alpha nobles who are supporting Cliopatra's cause.

The golden blonde woman glances behind her as she raises her hand. "Halt your steps, I'll speak with her alone. Go leave and wait for our arrival at the event hall."

"Understood, your grace." The alpha nobles replied simultaneously, then they took a quick perverted glimpse at Kendra inside the room before receding back their footsteps outside and left. 

The alpha woman's long legs sauntered on the red carpet, raising her chin high as she gaze her arrogant emerald eyes condescendingly at Kendra.

But Kendra didn't mind. She had been used to Clioapatra's attitude to her after their marriage. Kendra is just not sure why Cliopatra became like this. After all, before they got married; Cliopatra used to be warm and soft to Kendra, but suddenly, the alpha woman changed. Kendra can only assume that it was probably because Cliopatra lost her father, King Graham, during their marriage. 

So Kendra always held great patience for her wife; she believed that as long as she stayed beside Cliopatra; it would make the other party realise that Cliopatra still had her as a family. That Cliopatra isn't alone in this world. That she still has a wife to return to as a home. 

[Someday, my wife will return to her usual warm and soft loving nature.] Kendra reasoned in her mind, watching the alpha woman approach her with visible disgusted and disdainful expression.

"The mass is petitioning for your presence to appear in public, come with me and meet our people's expectation," Cliopatra demanded, standing a few feet away from Kendra.

"Whatever you command, my queen," said Kendra, smiling tenderly at her wife. 

"Let's go now, before I lose my patience," Cliopatra said, waving her hand dismissively, beckoning for Kendra to follow outside. "Be grateful that I'm even allowing an omega like you to step outside this room. No one else will get the same privilege for someone of your standing. After all, not only are you not of noble birth, but you are even the daughter of that loathsome leader of the rebel army. Fortunately, he's already…dead."

Kendra nodded as the smile on her face faded a little, feeling hurt at how Cliopatra had been treating her as a wife. Still, Kendra plastered a patient warm smile to her wife as she obediently followed Cliopatra. Kendra believes that Cliopatra is only saying this out of spite, because Cliopatra no longer has a family aside from her; the wife.

Anyway, recently, Cliopatra has been requesting Kendra's assistance with a project, and Kendra felt delighted in her heart. After all, it's not often when Cliopatra asks for Kendra's help. 

Not to mention that Cliopatra told her; that the project that they're doing is for the great benefit of the kingdom, so Kendra felt elated. Not only for herself but also for her people. In addition, by doing this, Kendra hopes that she could get her wife back; her loving wife back.

So anything that Cliopatra would ask of her, Kendra would do it with no question. If Cliopatra told her that she is just an omega, Kendra would accept it with no question. When Cliopatra told her to keep her distance away from her commoner relatives and friends, Kendra did it without question. Kendra pushed everyone away, so Cliopatra would look at Kendra again with loving eyes. If Cliopatra wants to use Kendra's power for a political friendship, Kendra would gladly do it without question. Kendra even befriended nobles for Cliopatra, because Cliopatra told her so.