Volume 1 - The Inception| 43: Almost is never enough.

The silence lingered in the arena as I pulled out the first weapon from Bakunawa's body.

I took a quick glance at everyone and noticed that they were all speechless; their mouths and eyes widened, staring dumbfounded at me. I turned at the gladiator woman and saw her just as confused and bewildered as everyone. 

For a short moment, I fell in a trance as I stared back at everyone in the arena. 'Shit, I probably look crazy to them,' I thought in my head. 

[Stop gawking mortal, keep going before they come to realise our plan!] Bakunawa reprimanded me in my mind, hissing at me.

"Right," I mumbled as I kept going. 

'Well, there's no turning back now,' I commented in my mind as I gulped nervously.

I tossed the weapon on my hand to the side, then I went on to the next one. I grabbed the weapon, pulled it out, threw it to the side then on to the next one.

"Stop! What are you doing!"

"Don't pull it out, stupid thief!"

"She's crazy!"

"What an insane person!"

I heard some people yelling in the crowd, staring at me in fright and perplexity, then they started bombarding me with rocks again in the arena. 

My heart drums anxiously as I feel like the crowd is slowly starting to realise what I was doing. Of course, I didn't listen to any of their bashing comments as I kept myself going.

Moving my feet and hand fast, limping as I ran and pulling out each weapon while I'm at it. However, there's about twenty or more weapons that are still stuck on Bakunawa's body, and I fear that I might not even have enough time to pull them all off. 

'Hopefully, no one would stop me,' I prayed wishfully.

I did this a few more times, taking advantage of the crowd who was still confused watching me doing a shit-show in front of them. As I pulled out each weapon, I kept glancing at the gladiator woman. She seems to be baffled with what I'm doing. 

'Good, I hope she continues to be puzzled,' I thought to myself as I continued. 

"Archers, to your position! Draw out your bows and aim at the moron in the arena!" The gladiator woman suddenly ordered, pointing at me.

Hearing that, the small hairs of my skin stood up, sending goosebumps all over me, feeling scared shitless of what's going to happen. 

The armoured men and women then came out on the first floor of the audience seat with bows and arrows, pointing in my direction. 

My eyes widened at this as I gulped, feeling my accelerating heartbeat. 

[Do not fret mortal, I got your back so just keep going and pay them no mind.] Bakunawa said in my head. 

My brows creased as I became a little skeptical, but I have no choice but to risk it and continue. Since I'm already at this point, I can't just stop suddenly and give up. 

At that, I went to the next steel, limping with my left leg being dragged on the arena, feeling the burning sun cooking me under its rays of light. I felt my own sweat sliding at the side of my face and at my back, feeling my anxious churning stomach, telling me that I'm doomed. 

"Ready your bows and take aim," the gladiator woman ordered. 

My brows pulled up together hearing the gladiator woman, however, despite hearing the loud orders of the gladiator woman, I continued to pull out another sharp blade.