Volume 1 - The Inception| 10: One on one conversation.

So why am I being interrogated?

I could only think of a possible answer from the novel.

In the book, when the beta lover died, Penelope wanted to punish the Salvador Clan, sentencing them to death.

However, the king dismissed this idea. Because the Salvador Clan is an indispensable force in the military army. Instead, the king exiled Penelope in order to coax the angry Salvador Clan, so they would let go of the issue.

That was how Penelope was described in the novel. It didn't explain how she instigated multiple crimes; nor how Penelope manipulated the original Nasrin.

Penelope only showed up on the day of the wedding of the protagonist; killing her brother with poison as she slowly explained to the dying king all of her crimes that caused havoc in the kingdom. In which the protagonist accidentally heard, and so the protagonist hurriedly told the crowned princess, Cliopatra Kingsley.

Together, the crowned princess and the protagonist brought an end to Penelope's crime, and that's how the bloody novel ended.

Recalling the plot of the damn novel, I couldn't help but take a quick glance at Penelope, and as usual, she was still squinting her eyes at me.

Yet, this time, I no longer felt scared. I felt sympathy for her. Omegas in this world were treated like shit. They had no rights or opinions. It was just plain sad to live a life like that.

Perhaps the reason why Penelope never appeared as a dean master in the book was, because omegas were looked down upon in this world.

Maybe this is also the reason why Penelope always looks like she was ready to kill someone. It's probably her defence mechanism.

If that was really the case, then that's just really sad. I don't know how Penelope became the dean master of this academy, but I do know that her end was just as the same as mine.

So with those thoughts, I have decided on another goal. That is, to prevent Penelope's lover from dying, and to help them with their relationship. In that way, Penelope will not blacken and manipulate or instigate people to do crime. Which in return would also save me the trouble of having that tragic ending.

'Wow, I really am a genius for this,' I praised my brilliant goal.

With a determined mind, I opened my mouth and said, "do you have a lover?"

I plastered a friendly cordial smile on my face, trying to appear harmless as much as possible. However, it seems it had the opposite effect as I saw Penelope frowned, pursing her lips.

With a deadly gaze directed at me, Penelope moved her mouth and inquiringly said, "why?"

Why?

Naturally, in order for me to know who to protect when the time comes, or at the very least, I could help try to prevent that situation from happening.

Yet, seeing how Penelope was looking at me suspiciously, it made me realise that getting the information I need wouldn't be easy.

Penelope doesn't know what will happen in the future, and I'm the only one who knows about it. Even so, I may know the plot in the novel, but it doesn't mean I know every single detail.

Due to that reason, I still don't know the identity of that beta lover who caused Penelope to blacken, and what's more, I don't know where to find this person; nor do I know what this beta lover looks like.

Which is why I need to know the information of that beta lover from Penelope herself. Even if it means provoking her to think that I'm suspicious.

Anyway, I think the death of her lover has still not happened yet. According to what happened in the book, Penelope started blackening after the death of her lover and after being exiled from her own kingdom. If I recall, it should have happened four years after the protagonist entered the academy, so that means right now, Penelope hasn't done any crime yet because her lover is still alive.