Volume 2 - The Beginning of the End| 72: Sending letters.

The breeze hummed, then the dead leaves rustled, and the thick woodsy aroma of the strong forest greeted my nose.

As we exited the secret passage in the ruins, the morning glow of the sun welcomed my view. The lids of eyes squinted, blinking as I adjusted my sight.

[Are you sure about doing this?] Bakunawa asked as we both came out of the secret passage.

I nodded solemnly, holding the letters firmly in my hand.

Bakunawa shook her head dissatisfied, then she started walking, and I followed beside her with a sweet smile on my face. As I held the letters in my hand, I remembered how this plan all started, and that made me smile sweetly even more.

Finally, I'm taking the first step to my sweet plan of revenge.

It took me a lot of struggling to learn everything that is needed in this strategy. Just so I could make sure that the plan would work perfectly.

Before we left the Pariah Sanctuary, I had already prepared a bunch of letters. These letters will be sent anonymously by me across the Maple Kingdom.

At first, I was thinking about hiring someone to send these letters and spread them to the public.

However, Bakunawa suggested a way that would be more efficient and secretive, and that is to just apply an Enchantment on the letters.

This type of placing an Enchantment on letters was called Fluttering Letter, an old style of communication during the war back then.

The invention of the Manaphone made the old type of communication forgotten, and according to Bakunawa, Fluttering Letter may not be faster than the Manaphone in terms of sending a short and direct message. But Fluttering Letter has more confidentiality than Manaphone.

Because Manaphone is a type of an enchantment device that is linked to one another, and the source of all these links are still unknown even to Bakunawa.

In terms of confidentiality, Bakunawa thinks that using the old type of communication is much better.

Based on Bakunawa's explanation, magic circle and magic script are a type of mana manipulation that is under the category of both Enchantment Magic and Alchemy Magic.

These two Magic Formations convert mana according to the instructions on the magic script.

Furthermore, anyone can use any type of attributes using magic circles and magic scripts. Because the circle and the script will convert the user's mana into another form of mana attribute. This may not be used in melee-fights, but this is actually more useful in huge battles.

And because I already decided to go on the path of revenge, I felt the need to learn more about magic. Especially about Enchantment Magic since it is crucial for my plan to work.

This made me decide to study magic circles and magic script.

During my time in the sanctuary, I'm not only grieving but also studying Enchantment Magic.

And Enchantment Magic Formation needs two things. First is to build the magic circle with pulverised Coral; the sacred symbol of transformation. Next is to carve the letters of Baybayin script on the Quartz Stones; the symbol of spirituality and wisdom.

In addition, there should also be a drawn magic circle and script on the targeted objects, so everything will be linked together once the user activates the main circle.

At the Pariah Sanctuary, I spent some time carving the Baybayin script on the Quartz Stones. Bakunawa had these things inside her body, so she gave these things to me for my Enchantment Magic.