Volume 2 - The Beginning of the End| 56: Provoked to madness.

The gladiator woman squinted her eyes, glaring at me. "What do you want?"

"I came here because I'm looking for you," I explained, still aiming the tip of the white blade on the three of them. "Don't worry, I'm not here to ask for trouble."

"Then state your name and your purpose," Said the serious-face man suspiciously, staring at me with narrowed eyes. "Why did you attack the general?"

I frowned at him as I replied, "I didn't attack her."

The crank guy stepped forward, yelling at me. "If you didn't attack then why did you launch an assault on our general?! Do you think we're stupid, huh?!"  

"I said step back," I warned, directing the white blade at the cranky guy's throat.

The cranky guy scowled, stepping back. "Tch."

I gaze at the gladiator woman who is observing me with her glaring eyes. "I came here to negotiate with you," I started.

"However, when I came here, I couldn't open the door. I kicked and punched that wooden door but it wouldn't break open, so I came with another idea, and that's when you found me running to the entrance," I explained with narrowed eyes; not giving a chance to lower my vigilance nor my right arm.

The three remained silent as they stared at me with doubt in their eyes. The serious-face man peered his eyes dubiously at me, the gladiator woman was squinting her eyes with caution, and the cranky guy had wrinkled brows glaring at me. 

I remain serene on the surface, but deep inside, my heart is vrooming in trepidation.

I'm just pretending. Or perhaps, acting is the nice term for it. Regardless. 

The truth is I forgot that the people in this world can use magic, and it can be used in fighting. This is probably why most soldiers in this mansion aren't carrying any physical weapon with them. 

When that serious-face guy suddenly yelled, binding my legs with stones; it was then that I realised that I'm doomed. 

However, I didn't let my guard down as I remained calm on the surface. For the sake of Pula, I must act strong even if I'm weak and just a little stupid. 

Still, my intestines are riding in a roller coaster ride inside my stomach. I feel terrified that I won't be able to control this situation. 

Especially with my legs being shackled with stones. What's more, discovering that these people can attack me with magic alone, I suddenly felt apprehensive if I could succeed in this negotiation. 

With my heart causing chaos in my chest, I stared quietly at the three in front of me; not daring to lower the white blade; nor let an opening for these bunch to advance and attack.

"Then why do you have a weapon with you?" The man with the serious face asked, still suspicious.

The cranky guy nodded his head as if agreeing with the question, looking at me with dubious eyes.

"As you can see, it's rooted and attached to my body," I said, averting my eyes, then I stared at the gladiator woman again then said, "anyway, I'm not here to fight but to negotiate."

The gladiator woman only glared at me as a response.

"Who are you to negotiate with our general?!" The cranky guy said, sneering at me with contempt. "And how did you even get inside here? Who let you in?!"

I turned to the gladiator woman, hearing what the cranky guy said. "Do you plan to keep my identity a secret?" 

The gladiator woman didn't answer, but her face crumpled upon hearing my question.