Volume 1 - The Inception| 44: Beaten to a pulp.

In this world, people would settle their small disputes through violence. Perhaps, it was easier for these people to just punch someone in the face than make others understand why they were angry with them in five hundred words. 

"*haah, haah, haaah…*"

I panted breathing hard as I stared wide eyed at my severed hand. Blood poured out like a shower, splattering everywhere on the ground. It looks like a horror scene in a movie. 

Pounding hard, my heart is in chaos beating fast and loud. 

'This isn't my body so it's okay,' I told myself in my head repeatedly as I tried to calm my heart. 

[Mortal, forgive me, she was too fast for me to stop, and also, she managed to thrust a weapon seal at my head. I don't have much time, mortal, I'll fall back to a long slumber again…be careful, mortal. She is strong, so don't let your guard down…] Bakunawa said in my head, and her voice became more faint and inaudible at the end. It seems she had fallen back to sleep. 

"Ladies and gentlemen!"

I glanced up as I kept my knees rooted in the ground, looking up at the culprit who cut off my hand.

"Everyone, the show has not ended yet, settle down in your seats and just enjoy the show," the gladiator woman uttered, holding the horn-like speaking trumpet. Her voice resounded across every corner of the arena getting the attention of the crowd. 

My eyes narrowed as I heard what the gladiator woman said. 'Show?'

"I'll be taking charge of this show, so calm down and just enjoy!" The gladiator woman said, holding a horn-like speaking trumpet near her mouth. 

'So this is all a show for her and for them, huh,' I thought in my head as the blood in my veins slowly boiled in anger. Blood poured out more as my heart pounded hard in my chest again. 

My eyes narrowed at the gladiator woman's exposed back, and something within me was telling me; to just pull the dagger still stuck on my left leg, then thrust it at the back of the gladiator woman. 

I knitted my brows, frowning at my own thoughts. 

A sigh came out of my mouth. I look up and the sun welcomes my sight, making me want to close my eyes and I did.

I took deep breaths calming myself, and afterwards, I opened my eyes again, gritting my teeth as I weakly stood up. I walked limping to the last weapon leaving traces of blood like a trail in the arena.

Feeling cold with blood loss, my sight started to blur around me.

But I didn't care about this life. There is nothing for me in this world that is making me want to stay, but if I die now, then who would save Pula and Bakunawa, right?

I at least want these two to be saved before I lose consciousness from blood loss. 

I had to keep going, so with a cold, weak body; I walked limping slowly to the last weapon; my eyes obsessively concentrated once again on the last blade.

With a few more steps, I'll be able to get close to it and pull it out, but without warning, I felt a sharp pain at the side of my torso sending my body flying crashing to the other side of the wall in the arena.

"Ack!" I yelped, wincing in pain as my body flew, crashing to the wall. 

The crowd applauded, chanting in tunes. "Ge…Ne…Ral."

I inhaled sharply, groaning as my body ached from the impact. 

'This isn't my body, this isn't my body…' I repeatedly thought as I crouched my body together, gritting my teeth as I endured the pain.