Volume 1 - The Inception| 30: Please not the saliva.

"Let's get out of the woods first or else we'll be struck by Bathala's sword," Alexandra said beside me.

"Bathala's sword?" I said, glancing at the red haired woman.

"Yes, those lightning thunders are Bathala's divine sword, so get your arse moving already!" Alexandra answered, urging me to move.

I picked Pula on the ground, holding the little red rabbit with me as I followed beside the red haired woman. Alexandra and I ran together then we found shelter inside an enclosed cave.

"Let's wait here until the rainstorm passes," Alexandra said as she kneeled on one knee, making fire inside the cave.

I nodded, putting down Pula on the ground; then I stood on one hand, lifting my lower body vertically. I started doing push ups with one hand as I meditated.

The training that Alexandra made me do grew on me and became a routine. I feel anxious when I'm not doing anything. I feel like time is always chasing me. Especially knowing what's about to happen in this kingdom in the near future. It's making me feel pressured because time is ticking, and what I have only learned so far is to meditate and exercise.

So I always do this even when Alexandra isn't making me do it anymore. It eases my mind when I move both my body and my mind at the same time. It clears the worries burdening on my heart.

"Aaaaahhh!"

My eyes widened, hearing a loud scream. I stood up on my feet and turned to Alexandra.

"Did you hear that?" I said.

The red haired woman glanced at me then she continued to warm herself again near the fire. "Ignore it, lass," she said.

My brows knitted, looking at Alexandra. "Ignore? What if..."

"Lass," Alexandra interrupted as she sighed. Then she grabbed a short stick and started drawing on the ground, she then started, "Currently, we're in the Phantom Greenwood, an old forest located at the southeast part of the Eternal Resting Forest near the Mystic Academy, and..."

I nodded, looking at Alexandra attentively as I waited for her to continue

Her dark eyes stared at me as she continued, "there are many wandering evil spirits in this area. After all, this forest was one of the many battlefields used in the war a hundred years ago, furthermore," Alexandra paused.

The red haired woman looked at the small fire again. "Everyone out there could turn out to be a murderer or something," Alexandra finished sounding solemn, looking at the small fire in a trance.

But Alexandra shook her head lightly as she sighed, then her dark eyes stared at me again. "I suggest that you choose to turn a deaf ear to this lass, it would only bring you harm," she added. "Or perhaps to both of us."

My furrowed brows deepened as I stared at her in dissatisfaction. "So we just ignore it? Is that what you're implying, huh, professor?" I replied, staring at the red haired woman.

Alexandra didn't respond as she remained motionless to her seat, staring at the small fire she built.

With a sigh, I shook my head disappointedly.

"Ahh! Help!"

I bit my lower lip, hearing the distressing call from a far. I gave Alexandra one more glance before running outside of the cave, following the screaming voice while Pula followed beside me.

Jogging as my eyes move searching everywhere. The rain got me drenching from head to toe, making it hard for me to move as my soaking uniform became more heavy to carry along with this body.