Volume 3 - The Affairs of the Protagonist| 84: Initiating the plan.

Under the stormy and rainy weather; Kendra and Faye trudge their legs on the slimy mud, sauntering their way to the east of Greenfield. The soles of their boots stomp on the wet ground, leaving footprints as they march. And on their shoulder; they carried the Goliath Tigerfish monster and the red Bellpepper monster tied with vines and sticks. 

After capturing the Goliath Tigerfish; they coincidentally encounter the red Bellpepper in the south. So the two decided to catch it since the Red Bellpepper is also needed for their recipe. Well, they didn't have a hard time capturing the red Bellpepper. After all, the environment is not in any fire type's favour. 

The brunette haired girl grins to herself; happily humming to herself like the heavy showering rain doesn't affect her mood at all. On the other hand, Kendra only displayed a soft friendly smile on the surface, but deep inside; Kendra is worried that the cult members watching somewhere from the audience have already discovered her identity as a time traveller.

Kendra doesn't mind confronting them now; the problem is Kendra isn't sure if that is the only thing that the cult members discovered. 

[What if they also discovered that I'm weak against fire?] Kendra thought to herself. She is sure that the cult members would use her weakness against her, and that is the only thing she is anxious about. 

After walking through the showering rain; Kendra and Faye finally arrived on the east; Kendra used Echolocation to find where Emilia is. If Kendra didn't display her full power a while ago; she wouldn't dare use Echolocation again and again. Because it would only show how capable Kendra is.

However, since Kendra already showed her true capability anyway; Kendra decided not to hide her powers again; she would instead use it to truly win this competition. After risking of showing her true ability, Kendra has to get something in return, no matter how small or minor it is.

Shortly, Kendra senses Emilia's familiar aura to the northeast of Greenfield; it seems that Emilia is inside a cave based on the sound that came back to Kendra's ears. 

"I think Emilia is in the northeast," Kendra stated, glancing at Faye.

Faye nodded, smiling excitedly. "Let's go and meet up with Emilia in the northeast then."

With that, Kendra and Faye started walking again. 

After a while, they stopped in front of an enclosed cave. They saw Emilia tightly holding a sharpened stick of wood; Emilia positioned herself, sleeping near the front of the entrance of the cave, and a knockout earth monster Pig and a wind type Pineapple monster were next to her.

Fortunately, Emilia didn't start a campfire inside the cave; it would only make Kendra sick again otherwise.

"Emilia really works hard," Faye mumbled to herself, which Kendra heard loud and clear.

"Let's go in as well," Kendra said; she dragged the Goliath Tigerfish and the red Bellpepper monster inside. The brunette haired girl followed after Kendra. After all, Faye is also carrying half the weight of the two monsters on her shoulder.

Water drips to the ground from their soaking uniforms as Kendra and Faye walk inside the cave. 

Probably hearing the loud clicking boots on the stone-like ground; Emilia woke up instantly, grabbing the sharp object; she pointed it to the two who invaded her territory.

"Nobody moves!" Emilia yelled threateningly.

Kendra and Faye, who were putting the two captured monsters down, both turned their heads at Emilia. 

Faye stared at Emilia amusedly; Kendra only took a quick glance then she went to settle down the Goliath Tigerfish and the red Bellpepper monster on the ground next to the Pineapple monster and Pig monster. Seeing the familiar faces of Kendra and Faye; Emilia instantly lowered the sharpened stick.