Volume 1 - The Inception| 6: Who is the hunter and the prey?

"Lory, I thought we both agreed to eliminate Nasrin, why is she still alive?" Said the girl with a lukewarm voice yet her deep blue eyes showed endless coldness and darkness.

Lory, the woman beside the girl was as cold and as indifferent as well. "You think I didn't do anything to her, do you, Kendra?" Lory replied dangerously with a slight tone of threat.

Kendra didn't respond; she only squinted the lids of her eyes at Lory, and Lory narrowed her eyes back. Even though the current weather was serene, the atmosphere between the two ladies made the passerby feel otherwise.

Like a storm during the winter season.

Cold and chilling.

Meanwhile, the crowd who noticed the silent war between the two ladies didn't dare raise their eyes; they all hurriedly scattered away. As if feeling goosebumps on their skin; they look away in instinct dissipating curiosity that was growing on their hearts.

After a long silence, the staring contest between the two ended, and the first to break away from the contact was Lory.

"I put poison in her tea last night," Lory said, looking suspiciously at a certain person lined up on the registration lane at the academy.

Kendra also turned to gaze at where Lory was staring at, then she scoffed, "yet she's here, looking alive and well. You said that you put poison, but perhaps you let her live because you still have a grudge against me, right, sister..."

"You don't understand anything, Kendra," Lory interrupted; her violet eyes seething in anger.

"Then enlighten me, aren't we supposed to be sisters?" Kendra replied, squinting her eyes.

Lory narrowed her eyes at the girl, and with a deep threatening voice, she sneered, "careful sister, people might think that we are relatives, who knows if your princess Clio was just somewhere listening to us, aren't you afraid that she would gaze at you disgustingly again..."

"Enough," Kendra warned in a lukewarm voice. "Speak to me about that bastard again and I..."

Kendra bit hard on her lower lip, swallowing the words in her throat; not wanting to continue as she kept a cold glare at Lory's smirking face.

"You will what sister? Cast me aside? Disowned me?" Lory muttered, smiling disdainfully.

Kendra pursed her lips, keeping her silence. She averted her gaze, looking down as she hid her guilty eyes.

Lory rolled her eyes then she glanced at that person again. That person, Nasrin Urduja, was lined up with the other youths with a stiff nervous face and awkward posture.

"I really did put poison on her tea last night," Lory started solemnly. "I also went and sneaked in after a few hours to check her vitals...I was so sure she had no pulse when I left, so..."

Lory's messy brows crumpled as she continued. "Believe it or not, I have no idea how she's still alive. That poison could kill an S-Rank adventurer, could kill a mythic grade monster, and could even kill a poison master," Lory explained.

Kendra remained silent as she became lost in her own thoughts. She suspiciously stared at Nasrin's face. Nasrin was a tall, slender girl. Long lashes, thick straight heroic eyebrows, bright brown eyes, jet-black hair, and fair skin. That familiar face was the face who haunted her. Looking at that face again; Kendra only felt deep hatred in her heart.

Among all the youths that had lined up, Nasrin had the most pretty face she ever saw even during her original time. [Too bad that this pretty fellow would kill many innocent lives in the future.] Kendra thought regretfully as she looked at Nasrin's face.