Volume 1 - The Inception| 34: Nursing like a hmmm?

The moment that Kendra removed all the inscripted stones, the invisible shield also disappeared at the same time.

Nasrin dashed forward with a punch. Dark thick smoke, hard solid stones, and howling aggressive wind came launching to Kendra.

However, Kendra remains unfazed to the oncoming attack; she remains still standing to where she is.

[Light Shield.] Kendra thought in her mind, controlling her light attribute mana, building a solid invincible shield around her. It's a skill that surrounds one's body with an invisible shield from the light attribute mana.

The light shield made Nasrin's attacks bounce back from the recoil of the impact.

Kendra narrowed her eyes, approaching Nasrin, maintaining the light shield around her. Still, Nasrin didn't stop; she kicked, punched, and everything; but her relentless attack will always recoil back.

Slowly, Kendra channelled her energy, sending out her light attribute mana surrounding Nasrin.

A light attribute always holds an advantage against a dark attribute, and furthermore, Kendra has more mana and is more in control of her own mana.

Not to mention that Nasrin is just chaotically using her dark mana randomly with her messy emotion, so Kendra didn't find it hard to control the situation.

Nasrin growls in a low hoarse voice; she rushes forward, striking at Kendra with a fist once more. With ease, Kendra catches Nasrin's fist, channelling out her light attribute mana inside Nasrin's body.

Kendra held Nasrin's hands behind the back of the black haired girl, making their position appear ambiguous to the eye. Hugging Nasrin's waist, Kendra shamelessly channels her mana inside the black haired girl, scanning every inch and corners of Nasrin's body. While doing so, Kendra healed Nasrin's wounds on her body; the minor injuries closed up, becoming a fresh scar.

As Kendra scans Nasrin's body, Kendra discovers a poison flowing on Nasrin's blood vessels. The dark mana is the reason why Nasrin is still alive despite having poison in her blood.

This poison is the same poison that Lory told her. This was the poison that Lory said she used on Nasrin. The more Kendra scans Nasrin; the more her frown deepens. Doesn't this mean that this fake Nasrin is the original Nasrin?

If that is the case, then why is this girl so naive, ignorant, and weak?

As Kendra discovers the truth, Nasrin becomes a huge question mark in Kendra's head. Kendra's ocean blue eyes stared at Nasrin's eyes clouded in darkness. The girl is like her dim brown eyes right now; shrouded in mystery and unknown. Something Kendra always disliked.

The dark attribute mana inside Nasrin fought back with Kendra's light attribute. The black haired girl let out a growl, gnashing her teeth ferociously at Kendra.

Kendra pulled the girl's waist close to her, then she leaned close to Nasrin; only one breath away; that's how close and far they are against each other. And since Nasrin is a few inches taller than her, Kendra needs to raise her head and look up at Nasrin to see those eyes clearly.

Kendra's ocean blue eyes narrowed at those dim brown eyes of Nasrin; her brows knitted together, seeing nothing but a bottomless pit.

Being pacified with Kendra's light attribute mana, the violent storm of mana inside Nasrin's body slowly calms down. Little by little, Nasrin's growls decrease, becoming inaudible to hear.

Still, Nasrin continued to struggle against Kendra's hold, growling and gritting her teeth at Kendra.

"Shh," Kendra whispered softly at Nasrin's ears, holding the girl firmly in her embrace. "All will be well."