Volume 3 - The Affairs of the Protagonist| 81: Baiting her prey.

Kendra felt a bad omen seeing that she found a black fluttering paper. 

There is a superstition that if someone sees a black fluttering letter, then something bad will happen to that particular person.

Taking a deep sigh, Kendra decided to go grab it. She stood up from sitting, grabbing both of the trunks of the tree. She stepped her foot on the rough edges of the trunk, pushing herself up little by little. 

Not before long, Kendra arrives at the first branch. With that, Kendra jumps, grabbing hold onto the branch, lifting herself up, climbing up as she stands. She then went on to take the black letter stuck on the leaves.

Since Kendra has already seen one anyway, then might as well open the letter and read it. 

After Kendra climbs up, she jumps down with ease, Kendra floats just right after she hits the ground with her wind attribute. Afterwards, Kendra sits back down inside the bush again, then she opens the black folded paper. 

As Kendra read the content inside, Kendra narrowed her eyes in suspicion.

To Lady Kendra Salamanca,

This black paper is indeed for you.

However, no need to misinterpret things, and before anything else, do hear me out. 

I suppose that you will probably read this letter of mine regardless of the colour, but in order for me to ensure that no one else will open this letter aside from you; I have to resort to trickery. I suppose you know of the superstition that the black paper holds?

Well then, let me explain just in case that you do not know of it. It was said that black fluttering letter brings bad luck to those who see it. However, I do not believe in such things, and I know you are of the same mind as well.

After all, if you did believe in those superstitions, then you would have not opened this letter. Now that everything is clear; let us now proceed to the main reason why I sent a direct letter to you.

To tell you the truth and to be fair; I will tell you a little something about me. What I can tell you is that right now; I am watching you. 

Oh, do not be alarmed, I am merely watching from the grand stadium. And yes, I am someone from the academy as well. However, this is irrelevant. In time, you will eventually come to know of my identity. It may not be now but maybe…soon. 

Really soon.

Anyway, my intention for writing this letter to you is simple. I want to invite you to my faction, which is called the Black Ravens. And I do not mean to brag but…

Black Ravens is the highest faction among the thirteen factions in Mystic Academy. And if you are stupefied or dubious why I chose to write you an invitation, well, that is because you showed great potential among all freshmen that we, from Black Ravens, have seen. 

If you agree to join, then I will personally assist you once with anything you asked of me. That is, as long as it is within the scope of my ability.

And of course, there are also many incentives and benefits in joining the Black Ravens. For one, we would help ensure that you are placed in the top ten honor students. And there is a lot more, but I would keep those key informations for a later time when you finally decide to join our faction, Black Ravens.

Also, just in case you are worried that this is a letter of threat, where I am forcing you to come to my faction. Then you are mistaken.

Do not fret, Lady Kendra. I have no intentions of forcing you if you do not wish to join.