Volume 1 - The Inception| 29: Ominous signs.

After that healthy heart to heart talk last night, Alexandra didn't make me rest.

All night I was up meditating mana, and I realised that there are different sounds ringing in my ears. It wasn't just the sound of buzzing but many more. I heard a loud whistling ringing, a loud boom crackling, a trickling rippling babble, a dull crackling roar, and then there was the loud buzzing sound that overcame the other sounds like a foggy blur.

Among them there is also a dark noise that sounded silent yet loud. I wonder which of these sounds are my attributes.

"Lass, move your feet faster!"

I was pulled out of the trance hearing the loud yell from the red haired woman, I panted as I moved my feet faster.

After I told Alexandra that I'm starting to sense other kinds of sounds, she immediately made me run up and down the hill with stones tied all over my body, then she made me carry something.

Two barrels full of water tied on both ends of a long stick. I carried it on my shoulders as I ran. Alexandra said I can't stop unless I make it back and forth without spilling any drop of water on the ground.

According to the Alexandra, the only possible way for me to train is like this. I glance at Pula who jumps up and down, following my pace. I then glanced at the red haired woman who was standing like a commanding officer not too far away from where I am. Alexandra had her back straight, chest out, and stomach in with a ferocious evil grin on her face.

Her dark eyes watch me sternly. "Quit looking around and focus your mind on meditating your mana!" Alexandra reprimanded. "And move your feet faster!"

I retracted my eyes as I concentrated on sensing the mana within me and around me. One more thing that was added in my training regimen, is making me meditate, while I'm moving my body with my eyes open.

'How the hell am I going to do all of that?'

Yet, despite having some complaining words in my heart, I dare not say it to the red haired woman. I'm the one who decided to do this, and furthermore, complaining won't help anyway.

So I did as I was told.

I sprinted, moving my feet faster while trying to concentrate my mind on meditation, and at the same time, trying to balance myself so no water would be spilled.

After a while, I soon heard the faint sound of ringing in my ears again. I smiled knowingly.

The next task is to run back and forth without spilling a single drop of water. However, as soon as I focus on balancing my body, the ringing sound is also slowly disappearing.

My brows creased as I concentrated on meditating again, however, this made me lose balance as I stumbled and fell with my face hitting the mud.

I no longer care how dirty I was. I only cared if I spilled the water or not. That was the only thoughts I had in mind as I hurriedly prop myself up on my elbow, scooting to the spilling liquids on the two barrel containers.

My face full of dirt crumpled as I frowned, knitting my brows, staring at the spreading water on the muddy ground.

Alexandra approached, stopping just a few feet away in front of me. The red haired woman plastered an evil grin and said. "Again."

'Bloody hell,' I cursed inwardly, losing my patience.

"What are you waiting for?" Alexandra urged.

Ever since our conversation last night, Alexandra started behaving sternly. Well, she did warn me beforehand to be prepared.