Volume 1 - The Inception| 41: Moral code.

The deafening roars from the audience seat reverberated ringing in every corner of the arena. Under the glaring sun, the crowd of people displayed glinting grins full of spite, showing visible craving of chaos, cheering for bloodbath and violence.

I held my breath, roaming my eyes around in vigilance. There seem to be more or less forty to fifty thousand people; either sitting or standing on the tiered rows of the audience seat.

My eyes then stopped on the fourth story floor; a balcony and a golden throne; sitting on it is a middle-aged woman with short red curly hair adorned in a shimmering golden gladiator armour. 

Just based on the gladiator woman's dressing style and sitting arrangement; it's obvious that this person is someone important. Moving my gaze next to the middle-aged woman stands the silver haired man named Jabez. 

Seeing the silver haired man carrying the cage that holds the sleeping red rabbit inside; I heave a sigh of relief, knowing that Pula seems to be fine. Although I'm a bit concerned about how Pula can still remain asleep even at this crucial moment. 

However, the important matter for me right now is to handle this situation, but how to resolve this situation?

The crowd in the audience are set in their minds that I'm a thief. I wonder if that gladiator woman thinks the same. Well, there's only one way to find out.

I took a deep sigh as I opened my mouth and shouted from the top of my lungs. "Hey!" I yelled, waving my hand in the air, plastering a friendly smile at the gladiator woman.

The gladiator woman just stared at me with an expressionless face. 

I smiled harmlessly at her. "I'm not a thief!" 

"Liar!" The crowd yelled accusingly, bombarding me with rocks.

The gladiator woman raised her hand, and immediately, the crowd slowly started to calm down. The gladiator woman then turns beside her, looking at Jabez. 

The silver haired man lowered his head as his lips moved, whispering something to the gladiator woman. In return, the gladiator nodded her head as she whispered something back to Jabez. 

After that, Jabez stood straight again, smirking at me with gloat. My brows furrowed as I narrowed my eyes at him. This silver haired man named Jabez is bad news. I don't even understand why this man is targeting me.

Meanwhile, the gladiator woman then looked at me again, standing up and walking, stopping near the edge of the balcony with a straight heroic posture. Her lips opened as her dark eyes stared at me inquiringly. "Speak your name."

Name? Should I tell them the full name of this body? In that way, I could use the background of this body to my advantage, and everything would be easier for me.

At that, I gaze at the gladiator woman with a good-natured smile, opening my mouth to speak, but then I remembered something important; I hesitated as I left my lips hanging open.

I can't use the surname of the Urduja Clan.

Why?

My reason is simple; I'm not the real daughter of the Duke. I'm not the real Nasrin. Just occupying this body alone is already making me feel guilty. So I can't use the original Nasrin's family to my benefit. Furthermore, if I did reveal the surname of the Urduja Clan here; it might indeed solve this situation, but in return, the reputation of the Urduja Clan will be tarnished, and I can't let that happen.

I'm not doing this out of kindness. It's for the sake of my inner peace. Nothing more. Moreover, what kind of a decent human being would I be if I did that? I may have a shrewd mind, but I have a set of codes as well.