Volume 1 - The Inception| 2: Got myself acquainted with the protagonist.

"Are you alright? You look like you just died and saw hell," said the protagonist jokingly, raising her smooth white hand to her wide full lips; expressing an alluring laugh like an elegant queen.

Perhaps it's the way her hair is styled. Both sides of her hair were braided with its ends tied behind her back, making it appear like a fairy crown. I don't know if it was because of that. Or maybe it's the gentle breeze of the wind picking up her long wavy platinum hair, swaying lightly in the air. After the wind passes by, her hair would return to its original state.

I can't put it into words, but everything about the girl in front of me is stunning. It left me speechless and in awe. Especially the three flat moles on her face that made her milky white skin stand out even more under the lukewarm light of the sun. One visible on the tip of her small and pointed nose. And each mole is located on both sides of her temples.

The protagonist stood tall at the height of 5 feet and 6 inches tall. Because I was taller than her by 3 inches; I could clearly see her sharp collarbone from where I stood. Her white shirt and deep blue skirt fitted in a dark corset around her waist; it displayed the right curves in her body; the epitome definition of what aesthetic actually looks like.

Despite wearing something simple, the protagonist nonetheless still appeared like an angel in my eyes.

What a bad joke. After all, if the protagonist is the angel, doesn't that mean I'm the devil?

At that thought, my heart throbbed in uneasiness.

I tried to calm myself despite thinking that this person would be the reason for my tragic end, or so the end of the villain after bullying this angel.

Oh wait, that's right, if I befriended the protagonist, wouldn't the ending be different by then?

Wait, hold on, let's erase this idea. I'm pretty sure that it would not go as smoothly as planned.

'Let's just stay away from the protagonist,' I thought to myself. I release a sigh as I gaze at the protagonist complicatedly with my knitted brows.

As if feeling my conflicted thoughts, the protagonist cleared her throat awkwardly. "Ahem, I was just kidding, anyway, my name is Kendra Salamanca," the protagonist said in her charming voice, raising her smooth white hand in front of me.

I broke out from the trance and cleared the messy thoughts running in my head. I kept telling myself that this person will be the end of me, but that was in the book, and I am not the same as the villain, so I figured, why not just treat the protagonist normally as I should in my original world? Like how decent human beings treat others?

Thinking this way, my chaotic mind became clear like a sparkling spring of water. I hurriedly extended out reaching to shake the protagonist's soft smooth hand with an enthusiastic expression.

"Uh...hi Kendra, my name is Nasrin Urduja, and it was nice meeting you, uhm, this is indeed the registration lane, I hope we both successfully enter the academy," I said, stretching my lips in a nervous sincere smile.

In spite of my face appearing apprehensive, Kendra didn't show any reactions to it as she remained smiling friendly in front of me. "Thank you, let's do our best Nasrin," Kendra replied, giving me a blinding smile like an angel.

I nodded, then as if being scalded, I quickly released the protagonist's hand. I turned around like what happened was just something that happens in everyday life. My attitude towards the protagonist was like I'm talking to the queen of the country, because she is indeed the centre of life in this novel, and yes, this is how I would treat a future queen or anyone in the royal family.